|2||oz||Dark rum, Gosling's Black Seal|
|1||wdg||Lime (squeeze and drop)|
Build, rocks, highball, squeeze lime and drop into glass.
Dark 'n' Stormy® is a registered trademark of Goslings Export Limited.
People have enjoyed dark rum and ginger beer for hundreds of years, but in 1988, Gosling's Rum trademarked a name for the combination, and it caught on. Gosling's recommends only 1.5oz of rum and 4-5oz of ginger beer, presumably for sobriety / legal reasons. If made with another brand of rum, KC user inuakena points out that the drink should properly be called a Rum Mule to avoid infringing Gosling's trademark.
From other users
- Using Cruzan Blackstrap, I liked Goslings GB a lot, 4 oz of Maine Root GB was also good, 3 oz Reeds GB got the bronze and needed some extra lime.
- The Paul Clifford — Rum, Ginger beer, Ginger, Orange, Lime
- Racer Chaser — Rum, Ginger beer, Lime, Cherry
- Lashed to the Mast — Virgin Islands Rum, Falernum, Ginger beer, Lime juice
- St. Barths Buck — Blended rum, Hum, Ginger beer, Coconut Water, Lime juice
- Spicy Mule — Vodka, Bitters, Ginger beer, Simple syrup, Jalapeño, Lime
- Sailors Take Warning — Light rum, Ginger beer, Grenadine, Lime juice
- Melonette Mule — Light rum, Bitters, Ginger beer, Kiwi, Orange peel
- Suffering Bastard — Gin, Bourbon, Bitters, Ginger beer, Lime cordial, Mint, Orange
- Glasgow Mule — Blended Scotch, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters, Ginger beer, Lemon juice
- Nom de plume — Rye, Elderflower liqueur, Orange bitters, Ginger beer