A marriage of the floral, woody and sweet.
|1⁄2||oz||White Crème de Cacao|
Stir with ice and pour into a chilled coupe.
Anise and licorice on the nose, smoke on the tongue and then a touch of chocolate on the finish. If you want a hint of fruit, consider adding an orange twist.
I came up with this while rewatching 24 and thinking that Thanksgiving should be dedicated to Jack Bauer and the many, many times he's stopped widespread disaster. Hence the smoky destruction of Mezcal, with a hint of holiday sweetness in the absinthe and creme de cacao.
From other users
- Pretty good. I figured what the heck and gave it a couple drops of Aztec chocolate bitters too. Thumbs up.
- El Molino — Mezcal, Palo Cortado Sherry, White Crème de Cacao, Allspice Dram
- The Big City — Mezcal, Bianco Vermouth, Zwack Unicum, Grapefruit peel
- San Juan Martinez — Mezcal, Sweet vermouth, Bianco Vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Lemon peel
- Polar Bear — Mezcal, Bianco Vermouth, Crème de Menthe, Angelica tincture
- Carried Away Down Mexico Way — Mezcal, Bianco Vermouth, Aromatized wine, Kummel, Brandied cherry
- Rosa Amargo — Mezcal, Bianco Vermouth, Grapefruit liqueur, Campari, Grapefruit peel
- Twisted Tenderness — Mezcal, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Hazelnut liqueur, Apricot liqueur
- Red Smoke — Mezcal, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Crème de Cacao, Bitters, Orange peel
- Old Alhambra — Islay Scotch, Bianco Vermouth, Sherry, Crème de Cacao, Grapefruit peel
- Pigeon Park — Mezcal, Sweet vermouth, Pimm's No. 1 Cup, Bénédictine, Bitters