|1 1⁄2||oz||Bourbon (original called for Fighting Cock, but any spicy bourbon will do)|
|1⁄2||oz||Grapefruit juice (pink is fine, but ruby red is excellent)|
Shake with ice, strain, and serve up with an orange twist.
This cocktail was created for the 2009 Grand Marnier & Navan Mixology Summit in Vail, Colorado.
From other users
- Very orange-forward, as you might expect. Sort of a not-very-sour whiskey sour.
- This has become one of my favorite cocktails of all time - it's pleasantly bitter, not too sweet, and has a nice lift from the grapefruit. I have yet to try it with rye, but I imagine it would be very nice.
- Small. Made with dry curacao and ruby red juice. Terrific on the nose, but unremarkable taste.
- Brown Derby — Bourbon, Grapefruit juice, Honey syrup
- De Rigueur 2 — Bourbon, Scotch, Grapefruit juice, Honey syrup
- the Nevins — Bourbon, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Orange juice, Lemon juice
- Baren Derby — Bourbon, Bärenjäger, Grapefruit juice, Grapefruit peel
- El Compadre — Bourbon, Aperol, Citrus Bitters, Grapefruit juice, Orange juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- Brooklyn Eagle — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Orange liqueur, Lime juice
- Dark Day — Rye, Amer Picon, Bitters, Grapefruit juice, Wild hibiscus syrup
- Two-Way Street — Rye, Orange liqueur, Grapefruit juice, Amaro Nardini, Orange peel
- Rake & Consort — Rye, Blended Scotch, Orange cordial, Lemon juice, Luxardo Bitter, Orange peel
- Cloak and Dagger — Blended Scotch, Mandarin orange liqueur, Black pepper tincture, Bitters, Lemon juice