• Picket Fence   44 min 48 sec ago

Great drink! We liked it a bit better with equal parts bourbon and apple cider.

• Can't Get There From Here   18 hours 15 min ago

There was no rhyme or reason to the naming of this drink. For some reason, while sipping on it and brainstorming cocktail names, this song popped into my head... Also, the (arguably) best R.E.M.-related cocktail name (and another favorite album) was already taken... ;)

• Can't Get There From Here   20 hours 48 min ago

A drink named (?) after a song from one of my favorite albums, featuring three or four of my favorite ingredients? Yeah. Definitely trying this.

• Jardin Féerique   1 day 1 hour ago

Always hate to be negative but not really a fan. In fairness, did not have Death's Door on hand so used Berkshire Mountain Greylock. Not surprisingly, the absinthe dominates. Couldn't see serving as an alternative to a G&T.

• Beton   1 day 21 hours ago

I like an ounce of vodka in there too, punches it up nicely.

• Greenpoint   1 week 1 day ago

I don't have Yellow Chartreuse so I made it with Green. Does that make it an Extra Greenpoint? Also subbed VYA sweet for the Punt e Mes which strangely unavailable in PA. Anyway, I'm enjoying the heck out of this.

• Gotham Nights   1 week 2 days ago

Yeah, I'm gonna update the recipe. I think I meant for it to be 1/2 oz coffee & 1/4 oz walnut, instead of the other way around. I use Nocello in this too, and you're right: it's VERY sweet & powerful... Also, I use Luxardo Espresso Liqueur which is more "coffee-y" and less sweet than some others, helping punch through that wall of walnut.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

• The Coal Miner   1 week 2 days ago

excellent drink. I added 1/2 ounces of Fresh grapefruit juice but excellent.

• Cocktail à la Louisiane   1 week 3 days ago

A favorite. I use a Herbsaint rinse and Punt e Mes vermouth.

• Gotham Nights   1 week 3 days ago

I find that walnut liqueurs can be overpowering, to the point where you loose all other flavors. So, I reduced this to 1/4 oz. I love it! Not overly sweet, and actually the first walnut drink I will make again! Oh, and I used Nocello. Perhaps Nocello is a sweeter walnut liqueur.

• Au Diable   1 week 4 days ago

Au diable! I knew I misremembered. Thanks Frog. I meant "a la," a phrase I think I got from Nabokov, but now I like au better.

• Au Diable   1 week 5 days ago

Rafa - Depending on what you mean, it's going to be either "à la diable" (in haste) or "au diable" (to hell with).
    :-)

• Norman Conquest   1 week 5 days ago

So it's like a Vieux Carre for the North Atlantic (smoky/peaty more than spicy). Lovely. I used Lagavulin 16, because it's what I had, + Peychaud's. The Drambuie would replace the Benedictine so sounds intriguing, but I don't have any on hand.

• Karmic Sutures   2 weeks 18 hours ago

I love this drink. The more sublime the tequila the better.

• Coasta de Morte   2 weeks 2 days ago

Thanks for the Cocchi suggestions - was out of Lillet and Cocchi and used Campari instead. Used Kilchoman Islay whiskey and drink was awesome - nice and smokey with great complexity!

• Bitter Elder   2 weeks 3 days ago

12-04-2014...tried a further experiment, adding 3 drops of Brooklyn Hemispherical's Spicy Charred Pineapple bitters...Good Choice, accentuated the grapefruit notes even further.

Another batch, using Peychaud's, wasn't as successful, yielding a drink that lost the grapefruit and turned into more of a medicinal concoction.

• Brave Bootlegger   3 weeks 5 days ago

4 out 5. Interesting favors, considering I subbed out Crater rye for the Rittenhouse as I'd just finished off the last of the orphan bottle we had. Also needed to eyeball some Zaya 12year and a little Creme de cacao and I doubt Mozart anything will be available in Hawaii anytime soon. (somehow we survive)

• Corpse Reviver #2   3 weeks 5 days ago

This is my in-laws' favorite cocktail. I made it for them once and they loved it so much that they bought all the ingredients and my father-in-law now has a card with the recipe printed on it so he can get it made at any bar they go to.

Lesson: make this for people who don't drink a lot of cocktails.

• Georgita   4 weeks 1 day ago

Made this last night with Rothman's apricot liqueur. Can't compare it to the peach liqueur version as don't have on hand, but the apricot version was tasty.

• Frontier Psychiatrist   4 weeks 2 days ago

Perhaps this should be served in a coconut, no?

• Bitter Elder   4 weeks 2 days ago

Oh, fellas and ladies...this is one hellllllllllluvvva drink! Did it with Bombay, half Aperol half Campari. Awesome color, fantastic flava!

We have a restaurant here in Chicago called Parsons, they specialize in fried chicken and fish, and feature a totally fantastic Frozen Negroni. I'ma ask them if they'd consider putting a batch of these through their frosty machine! It'd be perfect.

• Frontier Psychiatrist   4 weeks 3 days ago

You're a nut! You're crazy in the coconut!

• Frontier Psychiatrist   4 weeks 3 days ago

This boy needs therapy.

• Tombstone   5 weeks 34 min ago

Another good one, Rafa. Ilegal is about the best mezcal I can get here. It's not bad by any means, but I bet the drink is spectacular with a really good one.

• Paper Mill   5 weeks 23 hours ago

Moderated this slightly - specified Cynar as the Amaro, specified brand of lemon bitters.

Zachary