• Reply to: Autumn's Daiquiri   by   1 day 17 hours ago

I just made this with Schilling ginger cider which added nicely to the Thanksgiving vibe.

• Reply to: The Manhattan Transfer   by   1 week 2 days ago

One of my favourites from the D&C book (which omits the lemon, but both versions are good).

• Reply to: Bombay Sour   by   1 week 3 days ago

Curated this: removed references to fresh ingredients - that's assumed here at Kindred Cocktails. Changed amount of cardamom powder from dash to pinch. Changed amount of tamarind from dash to teaspoon (I'm guessing you want a small amount of tamarind paste muddled with the ginger).

When you say "shake with ice in batches", do you mean that all the liquid is batched, then shaken over fresh ice for each drink? Are the muddled ingredients meant to be quartered and added to each fresh shaker?  Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Racketeer   by   1 week 4 days ago

Excellent. I will definitely make this again.

Flavors open with honey and progress slowly through a honeyed Chartreuse spice and then a minty complexity reminiscent of Fernet Branca. It fades into balanced and pleasant bitterness. (I used del maguey vida and 1/4+1/4oz punt e mes & cinzano.)

It's on the sweet side, especially at the start. I'd love to keep the rich complexity and spice while reducing some of the sweetness.

• Reply to: Marta of the Spring   by   1 week 4 days ago

Tasted a bit sweet to me; added a few dashes of Peychauds bitters.

• Reply to: Culross Cocktail (Teardrop Lounge)   by   1 week 4 days ago

Not bad.  I used Havana Club since the original called for pre-embargo Cuban Bacardi.  I think it would have been better wiih the richer demerara or a funky Jamaican run.

• Reply to: Tommy's Margarita   by   1 week 6 days ago

Curated this due to a curation request - found an authentic recipe, which is cited as reference, fixed proportions to meet citation. Added apostrophe.  Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Mai Tai (Trader Vic's)   by   1 week 6 days ago

In my experience 2 oz of Smith & Cross instead of the Jamaica/Agricole mix work very well. And using Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao is contributing to the depth of the cocktail.

• Reply to: Dashfire   by   2 weeks 1 day ago

Warming, nutty, and delicious.

• Reply to: Holy Mole   by   2 weeks 3 days ago

Curated this slightly. Added citation link. Adjusted drink as per the link (1/4 Benedictine --> 1/2). Added instructions. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Autumn's Dawn   by   2 weeks 3 days ago

A very nice fall drink! Also tried it with 1/4 maple syrup and 1/4 cinnamon syrup, and a couple dashes of whiskey barrel aged bitters-that seemed to moderate the sweetness a little, but kept things smooth.

• Reply to: Katz's Cup   by   2 weeks 6 days ago

Congrats on the win! This looks delicious.

• Reply to: Cornet   by   2 weeks 6 days ago

Perhaps sub Branca Menta for Fernet?  Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Ten Month Anniversary   by   3 weeks 4 days ago

Campari is super sweet--it's just also so bitter that the sweetness is easily forgotten.

• Reply to: Ellen Sagun   by   3 weeks 4 days ago

Tangy but clean

• Reply to: Ten Month Anniversary   by   3 weeks 5 days ago

Surprisingly balanced given the lack of sweetness

• Reply to: Herbal Sour   by   3 weeks 5 days ago

I increased the whiskey to 1.5 oz. , decreased the lemon juice and herbal simple syrup to .75 oz. each.

• Reply to: Paper Flower   by   4 weeks 2 hours ago

Hedgetrimmer is my preference, though I haven't had a chance to experiment with Gun Club, yet.

• Reply to: Fifty-First State   by   4 weeks 1 day ago

Yes, way to make a tribute to Puerto Rico with St. Lucian rum, Cienfuegos team. I had other nits to pick with the book but that one's so obvious...

• Reply to: Fifty-First State   by   4 weeks 1 day ago

Sooo, we're annexing St Lucia?

• Reply to: Sherry Cobbler   by   1 month 6 hours ago

Curated this. There was a hasty version imported at the dawn of KC time and one posted last night that was effectively the same as this drink, so I merged them both into this, with proper source citations. Want to do Fino + lemon + honey syrup? Sure. Amontillado + prune syrup spiked with Armagnac + orange? You betcha. You can even use a sweet Sherry like Moscatel here, though I'd drop the sugar entirely and add enough acid for balance. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Evidence   by   1 month 18 hours ago

Curated this. Set 1 part = 1/2 ounce and updated measurements. Added date as per cited link. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: A Silver-Tongued Devil   by   1 month 18 hours ago

The original poster would like help tracking down the source of this drink. There are a lot of cocktails called this, but most look like they're tequila based. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Banana Boulevardier   by   1 month 1 day ago

I merged this with a newly posted version. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: One Night in Bucharest (O Noapte in Bucuresti)   by   1 month 2 days ago

Curated this slightly: changed "plum eau de vie" to Slivovitz as per the author's note. Changed "plum bitters" to Fee Brothers Plum. I tried to avoid adding the ingredient "palinka" because it can refer to many types of fruit brandy.  Thanks,  Zachary