• Reply to: Ex-Pat   by   2 hours 26 min ago

The way it's written now works very well. Essentially a Bourbon Southside with Ango :-)

• Reply to: Stovetop Challenge   by   19 hours 22 min ago

I've tried three different Dubonnet Rouge and gin cocktails (including this one), and have been disappointed in each. I've used either Tanqueray Ten or Bombay Sapphire to no avail. Perhaps another brand of gin will produce a better result. I've come to the conclusion, however, that the combination of gin and Dubonnet Rouge just do not a notable cocktail maketh. A three rating was the best I could give any of the gin and Dubonnet cocktails I tried.

• Reply to: Stovetop Challenge   by   19 hours 30 min ago

I have tried three variations of Dubonnet Rouge and gin (including this one), and I've been disappointed in each. I've used Tanqueray Ten and Bombay Sapphire. Perhaps another brand of gin will produce better results. I've gome to the conclusion, however, and the combination of gin and Dubonnet Rouge just do not a good cocktail maketh. A three rating is the best I can give any of the gin and Dubonnet cocktails I've tried.

• Reply to: Ex-Pat   by   1 day 20 hours ago

Fixed, thanks. For people who don't have the app, it would be nice if you'd quote the whole drink so I can transcribe it correctly. Thanks, Zachary

• Reply to: Ex-Pat   by   2 days 14 hours ago

Bartenders Choice App recipe has "small handful mint" in the list of ingredients. Also wrong name on one of the creators. It's Schell, not Schekk.

• Reply to: Absinthe Makes the Heart Grow Fonder   by   2 days 23 hours ago

The absinthe and sweet balance well.

• Reply to: Ex-Pat   by   4 days 1 hour ago

This site specifies a mint leaf garnish.

• Reply to: Espresso Martini   by   4 days 6 hours ago

Horatio: O day and night, but this espresso martini is wondrous strange!

Hamlet: And therefore as a stranger give it welcome. There are more things in London bars, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

• Reply to: Espresso Martini   by   4 days 10 hours ago

Ugh.

• Reply to: Dandelion Cocktail   by   4 days 20 hours ago

Sorry... The orange flower water goes in it. The garnish is a flower. Thanks, Mike

• Reply to: Dandelion Cocktail   by   5 days 2 hours ago

Do you mean the orange flower water is a garnish or some other sort of flower? Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Loose noose   by   5 days 2 hours ago

Curated this: removed description to avoid copyright. Corrected sherry to fino sherry, 1/2 oz of allspice dram to 1/2 tsp, added orange peel garnish all as per cited link. Added creator information and date. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Red Danube   by   5 days 21 hours ago

<br />This is my first cocktail using Zwack liqueur, and I must say it made a favorable first impression. Unlike an earlier comment, I could not discern a mint taste. The Campari, however, made its presence known, but only mildly so. As for this drink I personally rate it 4.5. An exceptionally good drink--either before or after dinner--but I favor before.

• Reply to: A Brighter Summer Day   by   6 days 20 hours ago

Maybe I have old Becherovka, but I felt the cinnamon needed the extra kick which is why I went with Fee's. I agree about the apricot, but I'm trying to finish a bottle of peach liqueur someone gave me and this is the best use I've found for it. I'll experiment with bitters this weekend and report back.

• Reply to: Espresso Martini   by   6 days 21 hours ago

Curated this: removed history to avoid copyright. As a note, we typically frown on X Martinis and they usually stay unpublished. But given the creator of the drink and the efforts underway at the time to simplify and innovate the lackluster cocktail scene, I feel it's an important part of pre-Renaissance cocktail history. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Sabotta Dusk   by   6 days 23 hours ago

Very nice, very, smooth, and very delicious. The ingredients blend together so well that it's difficult to discern the rye whiskey or cognac. I suspect that drinkers who are not fond of rye whiskey will find this drink to their lliking. I rated this 4.5, and good to the last drop!

• Reply to: A Brighter Summer Day   by   1 week 53 min ago

Strong on the cinnamon from the Becherovka. Use bitters that are without cinnamon. Made with apricot because peach tends toward Jolly Rancher. Fits the name very well.

• Reply to: The Winthrop   by   1 week 1 day ago

Too sweet for my tastes, but the flavors are nice. Next time I'll probably omit the Aperol in favor of several dashes of bitters.

• Reply to: Fears and Failures   by   1 week 1 day ago

Very nice. I topped with Founders Curmudgeon ale, which gave this a bit of a molasses background that played well with the other ingredients.

• Reply to: All Jacked Up   by   1 week 2 days ago

Renamed from "Mayahuel's All Jacked Up" as per user Craig E, citing Mayahuel's on-line menu.

• Reply to: All Jacked Up   by   1 week 3 days ago

Quite good, but I might reduce the sweet Vermouth to .75oz next time.

• Reply to: Ce Acatl   by   1 week 3 days ago

<br />A very tasty cocktail; sweet but not too sweet and slightly tart. All of the flavors blend together to make a cocktail that can easily become one's favorite. I did not include a dash of Luxardo Maraschino as suggested in a prior comment. I may be wrong, but I don't believe it can improve what is already a great drink. My fear is that the Luxardo might overwhelm the balance of flavors. But, keeping an open mind, I will try it. Who knows--maybe it can be fixed even though it's not broken!

• Reply to: The Mojo   by   1 week 5 days ago

Kinda tastes like fancy-ass Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Which is a good thing.

• Reply to: Albuquerque Old Fashioned   by   2 weeks 2 days ago

Interesting drink.  It's old fashioned for the first half second, then the habanero kicks in and lingers.  I love habanero flavor, but it takes some getting used to in drink form.  First time I've had one that tasted like this.  Definitely worth trying.

• Reply to: Cargo Cult   by   2 weeks 2 days ago

This evening I actually tried mango puree instead of guava juice after seeing your question about subs for guava juice. I have been using Smith and Cross for the rum (as the boozenerds used for the final recipe) and I thought the mango did not tame the navy-strength rum as well as the guava juice. Maybe if I was using a lower proof rum it would have been more to my liking.