• Reply to: Post Modern   by   6 hours 17 min ago

Typo. Thanks for catching!

• Reply to: Post Modern   by   9 hours 44 min ago

Common sense and the source both have this drink shaken rather than stirred.

• Reply to: Fox Hunt   by   1 day 11 hours ago

Curated this. There were two versions of this drink, and we're obviously going to correct my version to Kyle's. I've merged them. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Severus Snape   by   1 day 16 hours ago

Curated this slightly - created new ingredient: Old Grand Dad 100 and removed corresponding note. Removed extraneous note from the Dolin. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Revolver   by   2 days 4 hours ago

I love this drink, though I bump up the coffee liqueur a bit (I had Kahlua on hand)... more like 3/4 oz. And I think rye (Old Overholt) works great.

• Reply to: Islay Cynar Flip   by   3 days 5 hours ago

Perhaps Lazarroni? Maybe with some muddled cacao nibs?  Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Islay Cynar Flip   by   3 days 23 hours ago

Is there a classic amaro that can be subbed in for the BroVo #14?

• Reply to: In Memoriam: Sasha Petraske (1973-2015)   by   1 week 15 hours ago

Update: Audrey Saunders has called for a Daiquiri Hour in memory of Sasha at 9 PM on August 31st. More details here . Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Albert Park Swizzle   by   1 week 1 day ago

This is really tasty, but to me it tastes mostly like a gingery whiskey sour. What I'm really missing is the tequila.

• Reply to: Framboise   by   1 week 1 day ago

Should also not be confused with raspberry liqueurs, the labels of which might prominently feature the word "framboise," it seems.

• Reply to: Lashed to the Mast   by   1 week 1 day ago

Would recommend 2+ d of Angostura bitters to top off the spice of the falernum.

• Reply to: La Merced   by   1 week 3 days ago

I tried this with 1 oz Montenegro and 1 oz Punt e Mes. Nice, but a touch sweet, even with the ratio change. I'd split the vermouth half sweet and half dry. An interesting Negroni variation. I also would suggest re-writing this with 1 oz portions to make the overall size more appropriate.

• Reply to: Wibble   by   1 week 4 days ago

As was alluded to in the notes, I find this to be a seamless and delicious foundation that, for some, can be elaborated into something even more compelling with the appropriate allocation of bitters. I'm actually partial to the inclusion of 1-2 ds Angostrua's aromatic. Great job!

• Reply to: Joan Blondell   by   1 week 4 days ago

A reasonable balance, but a little too many different herbal flavors going on in this cocktail.

• Reply to: Cooper   by   1 week 4 days ago

Curated this slightly - increased rye to 1.5 oz from 1 as per the cited link.  Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: The Italian Conquistador   by   1 week 5 days ago

Absolutely delicious with Appleton 12 and home-made falernum.

• Reply to: Black Manhattan   by   1 week 6 days ago

I've been making my version of this with the bittermens xocolatl mole bitters - the little bit of chocolate plays to the strengths of this sweeter Manhattan.

• Reply to: The Bitter Venetian   by   2 weeks 2 days ago

Very nice cocktail, bitter but light. Very enjoyable.

• Reply to: Ginger Sidecar   by   2 weeks 2 days ago

We used Gran Gala in place of Patron Citronge and it was delicious.

• Reply to: Winter Waltz   by   2 weeks 2 days ago

I believe the version Chris serves at French 75 splits the base spirit between rye and applejack. Tasty winter drink either way.

• Reply to: Brownsville Girl   by   2 weeks 3 days ago

Pretty good, but the Vergano bianco is just so delicious on its own or with a splash of soda and a twist.

• Reply to: The Midtown   by   3 weeks 2 days ago

Curated this slightly. Added rose syrup as per cited link. Added year cite. Clarified lemon and mint and the instructions.  Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: The Midtown   by   3 weeks 2 days ago

Looks delicious!

• Reply to: Roman à Clef   by   3 weeks 4 days ago

Thank you for the clarification.  I enjoyed one of these last night.  Looking for something to do with a bottle of Bonal.  But the Campari and Cassis seem to dominate.

• Reply to: Roman à Clef   by   3 weeks 5 days ago

The note referred to a previous version of the drink; I've deleted it now, thanks.