Blackberry liqueur is a liqueur flavored with blackberries, which is often called creme de mûre in France. Like all liqueurs, inexpensive versions are typically artificially flavored and made from a base of neutral grain spirits. Better quality producers macerate blackberries in neutral spirits (or even brandy made from blackberries), then filter and sweeten the resulting infusion.
Some high quality producers of blackberry liqueur include Massenez, Edmond Briottet, and Domaine de Sathenay.
Some popular cocktails containing Blackberry liqueur
- Pink Elephant — Gin, Blackberry liqueur, Maraschino Liqueur, PInk Grapefruit Juice, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Tea and Krampus — Jamaican rum, Blackberry liqueur, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Lime juice, Vanilla syrup, Pineapple juice, Nutmeg
- Wibble — Gin, Sloe gin, Blackberry liqueur, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Lemon peel
- Slow Ramble — Sloe gin, Gin, Blackberry liqueur, Lemon bitters, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice
- The Old Portland Cocktail — Bourbon, Dry vermouth, Blackberry liqueur, Bitters, Blackberry, Lemon peel