Blanco tequila is the last step in the distillation process of tequila. Blanco, sometimes known as Plata (or Silver), is clear, reduced with water after distillation to between 70 and 110 proof, and tastes strongly of the plant from which it's made, with accents of tropical fruit, salt, and an herbal quality.
Blanco tequila is the basis for all the other types of tequila. By Mexican law, blanco tequila must spend less than two months in stainless steel or neutral oak barrels.
Some popular cocktails containing Blanco tequila
- Pusherman — Blanco tequila, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Egg white, Lemon juice, Pineapple juice, Demerara syrup, Club soda
- Sur del Sol — Pisco, Aperol, Blanco tequila, Bitters, Grapefruit bitters, Lemon juice, Agave syrup, Cucumber, Salt
- Tomato Kiss — Blanco tequila, Triple sec, Cherry tomato, Lime juice, Green chile, Cilantro
- Jalisco Stroll — Blanco tequila, Campari, Dry vermouth, Salt, Lemon peel
- Flor de Jalisco — Blanco tequila, Lemon juice, Orange marmalade, Agave syrup, Orange peel