Cherry Heering is a brand of cherry liqueur made in Denmark. It was invented in 1818 by Peter Heering. It is made from cherries and their juice, with additional flavors of almond, and is aged for five years in barrel. It is 48 proof.
Cheery Heering is a pretty ruby-crimson color and clear. It certainly smells and tastes of good quality cherries, but there's also a bit of Ruby Port aspect to it, undoubtedly from the wood aging. It is rather complex, and nicely sweet-tart.
Some popular cocktails containing Cherry Heering
- Silver & Sand — Cherry Liqueur, Scotch, Aromatized wine, Grapefruit bitters, Egg white, Lemon juice
- The Charlatan — Sweet vermouth, Campari, Cherry Liqueur, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Communist — Gin, Cherry Liqueur, Orange juice, Lemon juice
- Espadin & Sand — Sweet vermouth, Mezcal, Cherry Liqueur, Orange juice
- Calico Jack (The Independent) — Becherovka, Indian Rum, Cherry Liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Orange peel