Cherry liqueur is a liqueur flavored with or made from cherries, usually in a neutral spirit base. They are usually between 40 and 60 proof. Cherry Heering is a well known brand of cherry liqueur. Cherry liqueur should not be confused with cherry brandy or Kirschwasser, which is dry, clear, and between 80 and 100 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Cherry Liqueur
- The Charlatan — Sweet vermouth, Campari, Cherry Liqueur, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Espadin & Sand — Sweet vermouth, Mezcal, Cherry Liqueur, Orange juice
- Ciquita Picante — Blanco tequila, Cherry Liqueur, Orange bitters, Ginger beer, Strawberry, Agave syrup, Lime juice, Jalapeño
- Communist — Gin, Cherry Liqueur, Orange juice, Lemon juice
- Calico Jack (The Independent) — Becherovka, Indian Rum, Cherry Liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Orange peel