Dark rum is a type of rum that is either aged in heavily charred barrels or heavily colored with caramel to produce a darkly colored spirit with overtones of molasses. Typically not aged as much an an añejo rum, dark rums lend weight and texture to cocktails. One well known producer is Myer's Dark.
Some popular cocktails containing Dark rum
- Variable High Cloudiness and Gusty Winds — Dark rum, Cynar, Lime juice, Ginger syrup, Blackstrap molasses
- Dark and Orangey — Dark rum, Ginger liqueur, Triple sec, Orange bitters, Lime juice, Lemon peel
- Czechers in Paradise — Dark rum, Becherovka, Licor 43, Lime juice
- The Reverb Crash — Dark rum, Light rum, White grapefruit juice, Passion fruit syrup, Lime juice, Orgeat
- SATAMA PUNCH — Kombucha, Light rum, Apricot liqueur, Dark rum, Absinthe, Lemon juice, Passion fruit syrup