Demerara syrup is a simple syrup made with demerara sugar. To make demerara syrup, take equal parts demerara sugar and water, combine them in a saucepan, bring the liquid to a boil, and cook for two minutes. Let the syrup cool, add a bit of vodka to preserve the syrup, then filter into a bottle. Demerara syrup that has been preserved with vodka will last for a few weeks in the refrigerator.
Some popular cocktails containing Demerara syrup
- Pusherman — Blanco tequila, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Egg white, Lemon juice, Pineapple juice, Demerara syrup, Club soda
- Guyana Flip — Rum, Cynar, Port, Demerara syrup, Nutmeg, Whole egg
- Mint Tea Julep — Rye, Zucca, Mint, Demerara syrup
- New Jersey Transit — Bourbon, Orange bitters, Bitters, Apple cider, Demerara syrup, Orange peel
- summer with andy — Bourbon, Bitters, Lemon juice, Ginger, Demerara syrup, Ginger syrup