Dry sherry is a style of sherry that has no appreciable residual sugar. Dry sherry can be made either by the reductive process in the case of Fino, Manzanilla or Amontillado, the hybrid process as with Palo Cortado, or the oxidative method, like Oloroso sherry.
Dry sherries are typically not broadly substitutable for each other. A cocktail made with Oloroso sherry will have a very different color and flavor profile than the same cocktail made with Fino sherry.
Some popular cocktails containing Dry sherry
- Oubliette — Dry sherry, Dry vermouth, Kummel, Bitters, Absinthe, Lemon peel
- Adonis — Dry sherry, Sweet vermouth, Orange bitters
- Chaplin — Bourbon, Ramazzotti, Dry sherry, Triple sec, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Trident — Aquavit, Dry sherry, Cynar, Peach bitters, Lemon peel
- Durero — Dry sherry, Dry sake, Bitters, Lemon peel