Fine sugar is simply sugar with a very small crystal size, which helps it dissolve in cold drinks quickly. Fine sugar should not be confused with powdered or confectioner's sugar, which contains cornstarch.
Fine sugar can be homemade easily by putting sugar in a spice grinder and pulsing 15-20 times.
Some popular cocktails containing Fine sugar
- Champs Elysées — Brandy, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice, Fine sugar
- El Floridita Daquiri var. 2 — Rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Fine sugar
- Aura — Gin, Tawny port, Absinthe, Dry vermouth, Bitters, Raspberry, Fine sugar, Egg white, Lemon juice
- Fish House Punch (1732) — Jamaican rum, Cognac, Peach eau de vie, Water, Lemon juice, Fine sugar
- Fancy Mint Julep — Bourbon, Simple syrup, Mint, Fine sugar