Jamaican rum is a type of rum made on the island of Jamaica. Jamaican rums tend to be medium bodied, with plenty of fruity estery aromas that come from the native fermentation of sugars instead of adding cultured yeast.
Appleton Estate is probably the best known brand of Jamaican rum.
Some popular cocktails containing Jamaican rum
- Wedderburn or Bite — Cynar, Jamaican rum, Lemon juice
- Occidental Cocktail — Jamaican rum, Sherry, Amaro Sibilla, Bitters
- Honeymusk — Jamaican rum, Cynar, Lemon juice, Pineapple syrup
- Allie Elizabeth Sleeping — Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Dry vermouth, Mezcal, Jamaican rum, Orange bitters
- Siren of the Tropics — Jamaican rum, Port, Crème de Banane, Crème de Cacao, Bitters, Lime juice, Nutmeg