Redemption is a brand of Bourbon and rye whiskey made in Indiana (probably at LDI), and bottled in Kentucky. Redemption rye is 95% rye, aged for two years in new, charred barrels, then filtered and cut down to 92 proof. Redemption's Bourbon is 60% corn, 38.1% rye and 1.8% barley malt, also at 92 proof.
Redemption's rye and Bourbon are both young spirits, which showcases the grain bill more than the wood component. Both have a high rye content, leading to spicy, minty-piney aromas and flavors in the finished spirit.
Some popular cocktails containing Redemption
- Tony Chestnut — Rye, Sherry, Amaro, Nocino, Candied chestnut, Rich simple syrup 2:1, Orange peel
- Dire Wolf — Rye, Bitters, Ginger liqueur, CioCiaro
- Sentimental Fool — Rye, Salers Gentiane, Peach liqueur, Lemon
- Buffo Rosato — Rye, Chinato, Pear eau de vie, Rosato Vermouth, Cranberry bitters, Lemon peel
- There's a Road-Snake On Your Hammie — Calvados, Ginger liqueur, Rye, Lemon juice, Honey, Lemon, Nutmeg, Cinnamon stick