• Reply to: Swee' Pea   by   1 day 10 hours ago

Yes, rocks had occurred to me as a remedy for the lip-coating sugariness. I'll give it a try and consider changing the recipe. Thanks for trying it!

• Reply to: Swee' Pea   by   2 days 4 hours ago

Sweet but good, but sweet. Orange bitter is very important. Made with Grand Marnier, half Eagle Rare and Dad's Hat, angostura orange...

Maybe better on the rocks ?

• Reply to: Winter Waltz   by   3 days 3 hours ago

Tasty

• Reply to: Red Head   by   3 days 7 hours ago

Very good with ramazotti,  dolin, and Chartreuse rinse

• Reply to: Artichoke Hold   by   3 days 7 hours ago

Tried many times but with different ratio, well shaken and served on rocks and liked it:

1 3/4 Smith, 1 oz lime, 1/3 elderflower, 1/4 orgeat, 1/2 Cynar

• Reply to: Bourbon: Tasting the Good Stuff, Neat   by   4 days 3 hours ago

The state of Oregon sells Weller 12 for $29 if you can win the lottery to buy it... Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Boulevardier 12   by   5 days 23 hours ago

I like this with an alteration to the vermouth. I use .25oz chipotle infused vermouth and .5 regular. Gives it a suble nice spice to it. You can also add a spray of Laphroaig10yr to it to top it off.

• Reply to: Easy Replenisher   by   6 days 14 hours ago

Yes, that's it, cilantro...

• Reply to: Easy Replenisher   by   6 days 17 hours ago

6 muddled sprigs of coriander (cilantro in USA) ?

• Reply to: Tetanus   by   1 week 2 hours ago

Very sweet as written. I upped the scotch to 2 oz (Bowmore Legend). I also erred and doubled the Chartreuse. Probably best as written. I'm not sure what the last bitters is though. I could not taste one drop of celery bitters.

• Reply to: Bourbon: Tasting the Good Stuff, Neat   by   1 week 23 hours ago

Total Wine still lists Weller Antique for $19.99 and BevMo for $29.99.  Good luck finding it for that price except in the hidden gems of local liquor stores that have a large/eclectic stock: demand for 'Poor Man's Pappy' is high.

• Reply to: Bourbon: Tasting the Good Stuff, Neat   by   1 week 1 day ago

Where did you find Weller for under $30? I just saw the Antique for $50.

• Reply to: Whiskey Sour   by   1 week 3 days ago

Dan Sabo's recipe that won PUNCH's blind-tasting whiskey sour competition is

• 2 oz Rittenhouse
    • 1 oz lemon juice
    • 1/2 oz orange juice
    • 1/2 oz rich simple
    • egg white
    • garnish with 1/2 slice orange and brandied cherry
  • Reply to: Geingi   by   2 weeks 41 min ago

11/02/18 - Fine martini riff, might either up the Genepi or substitute Chartreuse.

• Reply to: Newark   by   2 weeks 1 hour ago

Meehan's Bartender Manual (p. 363) specs the vermouth as Vya sweet (and suggests Cocchi Vermouth di Torino as a good option) and Luxardo maraschino.

• Reply to: Black Forest Cocktail   by   2 weeks 2 days ago

A bit too strong for me.

• Reply to: Meatpacker   by   2 weeks 6 days ago

I second the tootsie roll comment. It's a pretty decent drink though.

• Reply to: 1818   by   3 weeks 1 hour ago

I thought that the 3 stars couldn't be right, then I mixed this up and I'm sorry but it was vile. I added 1/2 oz. Cointreau which made it a 2 star, but not worth repeating. Again, sorry, but this just ain't worth drinking.

• Reply to: Up Jumped the Devil   by   3 weeks 3 hours ago

The linked reference specs Clement Première Canne, a blanc.

• Reply to: Up Jumped the Devil   by   3 weeks 3 hours ago

Is it blanc or aged agricole? Will definitely have an impact on the finished drink.

• Reply to: White Dahlia   by   3 weeks 2 days ago

surprisingly a bit too sweet for me

• Reply to: Up Jumped the Devil   by   3 weeks 2 days ago

In the same neighborhood as the DeGrassi.

• Reply to: San Francisco   by   3 weeks 4 days ago

Curated to add to note that the original called for a cherry garnish.

• Reply to: Polka Dot Negroni   by   3 weeks 4 days ago

Salers isn't available in my part of the world, but I can report this works well with Suze. I'm with Mojo; this is light, summery and very drinkable.

• Reply to: Souracher   by   3 weeks 6 days ago

For Craig E, or anyone else who has wondered about the pronunciation of this cocktail's name, watch this: https://youtu.be/ZNmbHl7wUJs