• Reply to: Un Café Va Bene   by   1 day 7 hours ago

Very nice and original. Cynar and coffee are juste perfect. Will make again. 5 stars.

• Reply to: Alaska Cocktail   by   4 days 14 hours ago

Curated this - in the Savoy (cited at the link), it's a 3/4 gin, 1/4 Yellow Chartreuse drink with no bitters. Variations abound.... Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Stormy Classic   by   4 days 14 hours ago

I cleaned up the History a little bit for clarity. HSE (Habitation Ste. Etienne) makes the rum which can be found in limited amounts in NYC evidently. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Ruirita   by   5 days 19 hours ago

Curated slightly: found a working link for the source.

• Reply to: Flor de Muertos   by   5 days 19 hours ago

Slight curation: changed the garnish in the Instructions to match the ingredients list (and source).

• Reply to: Fallen Angel   by   5 days 19 hours ago

It was just fine with reposado tequila. I didn’t have lime or lavender bitters so I substituted peach and plum bitters.

• Reply to: Boston Cocktail   by   6 days 15 hours ago

Delicious, even when made with a rather strange looking lemon that I filched from my neighbor's tree.

• Reply to: Hard Wednesday   by   1 week 2 days ago

Hi Zachary,  it's a simple made of chinotto soda and cane sugar.

I've just edited the recipe.

• Reply to: Hard Wednesday   by   1 week 3 days ago

Is that simple syrup, Chinotto, or simple made out of Chinotto? Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Alamagoozlum Cocktail   by   1 week 6 days ago

This comes off pretty sweet even for a punch recipe. As is, it might be best served in a goblet of crushed ice with straws and fruit garnish. For the cocktail-style drink, after cutting the recipe in half, I still dropped the syrup and liqueurs down to a couple dashes each and omitted the egg white. I think the yellow chartreuse works better here, and Grand Marnier instead of Curaçao was a good choice. Granted, that may be starting to veer away from the original drink.

• Reply to: Super Id   by   2 weeks 14 min ago

Can noyaux be replaced by amaretto (do not think so but never had noyaux, a shame since i am in France...) or a mix of amaretto and  a maraschino liqueur with strong pit forward ? In order to bring down amaretto ...

• Reply to: Boston Sidecar   by   2 weeks 23 min ago

Undercovered between the sheets ;)  ?  Tried a recipe on imbibe a year ago replacing rum by london dry gin, and it was quiet good and dry:

• Reply to: Tiki Wheat   by   2 weeks 33 min ago

How sweet this end ? Nearly same part sweet and strong

• Reply to: Super Id   by   2 weeks 18 hours ago

Way to sweet as is. Agree the flavors play well together. I made it a highball, adding 1-2oz of soda water and just a tiny splash of lemon. It made it to an aperitif with a similar flavor profile, still another drink than above.

• Reply to: Boston Sidecar   by   2 weeks 21 hours ago

I am going to try this.

• Reply to: The Red Light   by   2 weeks 1 day ago

The two web pages give slightly different quantities of Grand Marnier. Both tend to be reliable, but I unfortunately lack Beta Cocktails to check on this.

• Reply to: Great Scott   by   2 weeks 1 day ago

Excellent. I also did this with rye instead of bourbon, on the rocks, finished with 3 drops of lemon juice. In a smaller shot format, would you call this Great Shott?

• Reply to: Damasco   by   2 weeks 6 days ago

Odd flavor profile... strangely miny... Not bad, but I'm guessing this would taste very different depending on the specific spirits. I used Espolon anejo whiskey barrel aged tequila, Clement select barrel rhum, punt e mes, and Rothman & Winter apricot. I'm sure that a "real" vermouth would make it less bitter and more enjoyable. Also the tequila I used is kinda specific.

• Reply to: Flor da Paraíba   by   2 weeks 6 days ago

Curated to clarify ingredients and remove unlicensed photo.

• Reply to: Damasco   by   2 weeks 6 days ago

Curated: paraphrased instructions to avoid copyright infringement.

Suggested brands from the creator: Azuñia, Cana Brava 7, Carpano Antica, Giffard apricot.

• Reply to: Leiya Unchained   by   3 weeks 18 hours ago

I read this as yuzu juice rather than yuzu syrup, in looking for a use for the yuzu juice I bought on a whim. I'm not sure what yuzu syrup is - simple made with yuzus? Regardless, don't make my mistake and substitute yuzu juice for yuzu syrup 1 for 1. Made as such, this was not good.

• Reply to: The Devil's Backbone   by   3 weeks 1 day ago

Delicious indeed. A touch sweet. I substituted Luxardo Bitter Bianco and used 1 1/2 oz rye and a long stir to combat the sugar.

• Reply to: The Devil's Backbone   by   3 weeks 2 days ago

Curated: bitters and twist to match source.

• Reply to: Sidecar   by   3 weeks 3 days ago

As written, this drink is really dry - 3 oz of 80+ proof spirit and some lemon juice. You need the sugar rim to hope to have any sense of balance. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Sidecar   by   3 weeks 4 days ago

I made Difford's super-easy "Grand Sidecar" a couple weeks ago and was instantly a big fan! Replaces the cognac and Cointreau with just GrandMa since it's already a blend of cognac and orange liqueur.

2 oz Grand Marnier

1 oz Fresh Lemon Juice

That's it! Shake, strain, up, orange peel garnish, enjoy! Try one, it's so good!

Oh, and death to sugar-rimmed glasses!