• Reply to: Meatpacker   by   1 month 2 weeks ago

I second the tootsie roll comment. It's a pretty decent drink though.

• Reply to: 1818   by   1 month 2 weeks ago

I thought that the 3 stars couldn't be right, then I mixed this up and I'm sorry but it was vile. I added 1/2 oz. Cointreau which made it a 2 star, but not worth repeating. Again, sorry, but this just ain't worth drinking.

• Reply to: Up Jumped the Devil   by   1 month 2 weeks ago

The linked reference specs Clement Première Canne, a blanc.

• Reply to: Up Jumped the Devil   by   1 month 2 weeks ago

Is it blanc or aged agricole? Will definitely have an impact on the finished drink.

• Reply to: White Dahlia   by   1 month 3 weeks ago

surprisingly a bit too sweet for me

• Reply to: Up Jumped the Devil   by   1 month 3 weeks ago

In the same neighborhood as the DeGrassi.

• Reply to: San Francisco   by   1 month 3 weeks ago

Curated to add to note that the original called for a cherry garnish.

• Reply to: Polka Dot Negroni   by   1 month 3 weeks ago

Salers isn't available in my part of the world, but I can report this works well with Suze. I'm with Mojo; this is light, summery and very drinkable.

• Reply to: Souracher   by   1 month 3 weeks ago

For Craig E, or anyone else who has wondered about the pronunciation of this cocktail's name, watch this: https://youtu.be/ZNmbHl7wUJs

• Reply to: Aromatic Collins   by   1 month 3 weeks ago

Also known as Angostura Fizz

• Reply to: Foreign Key   by   1 month 4 weeks ago

Tastes like a more floral, less savory wet martini to me.

• Reply to: Harlan County   by   2 months 1 day ago

Made stirred with Makers Mark and worked well. Added a dash of cherry vanilla bitters which rounded it out nicely

• Reply to: Reverse Manhattan (Berretto Da Notte)   by   2 months 4 days ago

Curated to remove copyright infringement, per our Style Guide.

• Reply to: The Trembler   by   2 months 6 days ago

Curated to remove direct wording from source to avoid copyright infringement, and to fix a couple of errors in the ingredient list.

• Reply to: Hurricane Franklin   by   2 months 6 days ago

I just tried this one and I really enjoyed it! I used aquafaba instead of the egg white (as suggested in the note), which gave the drink a little hint of savory nuttyness. I took the advice of another commenter and upped the Amargo a touch and went a light on the falernum, which I think was a good choice. I also replaced the Trinidad rum with an ounce of Barbados rum (Mount Gay) and a quarter-ounce of a dunder-heavy Jamaican pot still rum (Dr Bird). It all came together to make one of the strangest cocktails I've ever built — but in a good way! Rich, creamy, nutty, funky, and surprisingly well balanced. Big thumbs up from me!

• Reply to: Wicked Kiss   by   2 months 1 week ago

10/06/18 Excellent, the interaction between DOM and YChartreuse is interesting.

• Reply to: Amaro Mood   by   2 months 2 weeks ago

Good with Maker's 46.

• Reply to: Apparent Sour   by   2 months 2 weeks ago

I used my usual sour ratios and made it less sweet and, to my palate, more delicious .

Try:

2oz Aperol

1oz Lime juice

.5oz St Germain

• Reply to: Adam's Words   by   2 months 2 weeks ago

I was out of Smith & Cross and so used Lemonhart 151 and I used King's Ginger. Loooong shake. Very good, although the Chartreuse dominated a bit. I might fudge the ratio, with more ginger and less Chartreuse.

• Reply to: Parisian Cocktail (Verlaine)   by   2 months 3 weeks ago

Lightly curated: paraphrased instructions to fix copyright infringement, added a little history and changed name to reflect origin more clearly.

• Reply to: Chrysanthemum   by   2 months 3 weeks ago

PDT makes this with only a quarter ounce of Bénédictine. I find a half ounce to be a happy medium.

• Reply to: Private Club Cocktail   by   2 months 3 weeks ago

I took the lemon down to a third and the maple up to a third. Solid improvement. (I also used some smoked maple syrup that I had.)

• Reply to: Best In Show   by   2 months 3 weeks ago

Subbed Taneda for Avese and it was fabulous!

• Reply to: Meadowlands   by   2 months 3 weeks ago

One of those drinks that looked better on paper than it turned out to be.  In all fairness, it wasn't awful, but it was overly sweet and somewhat syrupy.  Furthermore, I don't the apricot liqueur works here - even at 1/4 of an ounce it's overly strong and really seems to stick out a bit.  It might be interesting to try this one again by subbing in a ginger liqueur instead.

• Reply to: Adam's Words   by   2 months 3 weeks ago

Curated from Adams' to Adam's, since we assume that is what was intended.