• Reply to: Greco Italian Piccadilly   by   1 week 6 days ago

Really liked this. Made with Ango, Vermut Lustau (so maybe technically a Greco Spanish Piccadilly?), Tanqueray 10 and halved the Ouzo to taste. A complex, cold, strong gin cocktail.

• Reply to: The Wink   by   1 week 6 days ago

Made with reduced tonic syrup, Cointreau blood orange, orange bitters and grapefruit twist. Delicious.

• Reply to: Frequent Flyer   by   2 weeks 6 hours ago

Excellent, deep bitter marmalade flavour

• Reply to: Sun King   by   2 weeks 17 hours ago

Added 3/4 lemon, and used instead of Chambord a fat 1/2 oz of premixed fortified syrup made of pomegranate juice, raspberry cordial, Cherry and cassis liqueur: The Sun King turned in a very fine sour. Shaken.

5 Stars !

You should try

• Reply to: Bernard Black   by   2 weeks 2 days ago

What kind of amaro would you suggest for this?

• Reply to: Loop Tonic   by   3 weeks 15 hours ago

Alternatve link added.

• Reply to: Loop Tonic   by   3 weeks 18 hours ago

Reference link redirects to a page without the recipe.  Wayback machine link.

• Reply to: Mashbills, Geeky Information and Resources   by   3 weeks 1 day ago

Awesome post...! Thanks..!

• Reply to: Miller's Crossing   by   3 weeks 1 day ago

Transatlantic rum 2014 Fidji, Bombay, green izarra, Cocchi torino, peychaud. Very different from the original recipe, sweeter, intense rum forward without too much funk. Subtility disappear. Much more interesting to stick to orignal.

• Reply to: Paper Plane   by   3 weeks 1 day ago

Tried with Overproof Bourbon 129 proof... Much better. Less flat than comon proof Bourbon.

• Reply to: Dandara   by   3 weeks 1 day ago

Curated this to conform to the linked Instagram post. Thanks! Zachary

• Reply to: Foreign Affairs   by   3 weeks 3 days ago

Dammit, Rafa - I didn't buy that new bottle of Peychaud's just for you, y'know! Lovely drink, though.

• Reply to: Dandara   by   3 weeks 3 days ago
  • Reply to: Dandara   by   3 weeks 3 days ago

"Amaro" is a very broad category; I wonder what type is intended, or would work well, here.

• Reply to: Smoky Pineapple   by   3 weeks 4 days ago

Thanks for trying dear Happyrobot!

Pangolindo

• Reply to: Irma La Douce   by   3 weeks 4 days ago

Corrected name and updated details as per information from user mako Thanks!

• Reply to: Irma La Douce   by   3 weeks 5 days ago

The original recipe calls for "fresh cucumber puree (peel and blend cucumber, then pass through a sieve)" but suggests muddling a few slices would be fine for the lazy. I found it gummed up the top of my cobbler shaker so I'd recommend the former.

• Reply to: Dusk & Summer   by   4 weeks 1 day ago

Curated to fix fractional quantities.

• Reply to: Pegu Club   by   1 month 1 day ago

Wonderful recipe in Drink Magazine calls for 2 oz high proof london dry (I like martin miller westbourne strength), 2/3 oz. orange curaçao, 1/3 oz. lime, and liberal 1-2 dashes each aromatic and orange bitters. Color is a beautiful ruby grapefruit color. Delicious and elegant.

• Reply to: Ward 2   by   1 month 1 day ago

I lacked the courage to try this as a Negroni-format drink, so I used Manhattan-esque ratios: 2:1/2:1/2. Quite good. I might summon the fortitude to try it as written. I'm not a big mint fan, and too much Braulio comes across as Fernet-y to me. I bet this is great for Fernet lovers. Initial curator rating of 3 stars, subject to improvement with more trials.

• Reply to: Smoky Pineapple   by   1 month 2 days ago

Balanced and boozy. Like grandma.

Two thumbs up.

• Reply to: Margarita Violette   by   1 month 3 days ago

I used Bitter Truth's creme de violette and Clooney's blanco tequila (I forgot its actual name since I have it in a decanter).  This is a nice, well balanced cocktail.  Sort of clean and refreshing, if you will, with a nice limey - violette finish.

• Reply to: Cosmopolitan   by   1 month 3 days ago

Tried with: 1 3/4 oz Lemon infused gin+ Fat 3/4 oz organic Cranberry juice ( unsweetened)+ Fat 3/4oz Lime juice+ 2/3 oz grand marnier+ 1/5 agave.

Good enough to make again.

• Reply to: Midnight Marauder (Joaquín Simó)   by   1 month 1 week ago

Tried with Alipus Mezcal, without the mole bitters. Good but Will not make again. Strong Mezcal and Cynar in mouth.

Something is missing. Maybe the bitter dash...

• Reply to: McClassic   by   1 month 1 week ago

Agree with the 1 oz Sibilla and 1/2 Cherry Heering. The overall profile is similar to a Negroni (complex bitterness with satisfying finish), which is a compliment