• Reply to: TBD (Thai Basil Daiquiri)   by   3 weeks 4 days ago

Absolutely delicious! — ☆☆☆☆☆

• Reply to: Basil Gimlet   by   3 weeks 4 days ago

Wonderful recipe but would like to up the basil a little. Will try 7 leaves next time. — ☆☆☆☆

• Reply to: Last Word   by   1 month 7 hours ago

When it's all said and done, this is my number one.

• Reply to: Vieux Pentagone   by   1 month 1 day ago

I made this with Punt e Mes and my Amer Boudtreau (very bitter, high proof). Very good, but a bit too sweet. Suggest reducing Falernum and Amer to 1/4 oz. Maybe try rye.

• Reply to: Corpse Reviver #6   by   1 month 1 day ago

I agree on increasing the Bärenjäger and decreasing the lemon. I wish the Becherovka stood out more.

• Reply to: Bitter Nail   by   1 month 1 day ago

Tried this with Bowmore Legend. Nice, but a bit sweet, even with an extra 1/2 of Scotch. I'd try 2 oz Scotch and 1/3 oz each of the rest. Not as elegant a ratio, but it would be nice in metric. :)

• Reply to: Paper Plane   by   1 month 4 days ago

Used 1 oz Woodford,  3/4 lime juice, Averna and aperol:  Very good.  Never tried the original recipe

• Reply to: Corpse Reviver #6   by   1 month 5 days ago

I would decrease the lemon and increase the Bärenjäger

• Reply to: Avec   by   1 month 6 days ago

Made this with Kina L'Aero D'Or to try to get closer to old Lillet. I'm never quite sure about this much orange juice in sour-ish cocktails, and my trepidation was borne out here. Not altogether unpleasant, but I wouldn't make it again.

• Reply to: Three Dots and a Dash   by   1 month 1 week ago

Paul McGee must be a fan of this drink since he named his Chicago tiki bar after it. He altered the recipe by changing the OJ to curacao and shifting some proportions.

• Reply to: Dark and Orangey   by   1 month 1 week ago

I subbed the Cointreau with Clement Creole Shrub, which seemed to fit the other ingredients well with an agricole base. As such, I didn't use a high-hogo rum, opting for Gosling's (given the Bermuda homage) and Cruzan Blackstrap. Used Domaine and Canton ginger, Regan's orange bitters. Excellent.

• Reply to: Fake Patois   by   1 month 1 week ago

Whatchya know about Sean Bridgmohan?

• Reply to: Last Word   by   1 month 1 week ago

Tried crème de cassis and Yellow Chartreuse instead of maraschino and green...

Equal parts, but added 1/3 more gin from old raj 110 abv + 1 dash boker's. Nice, a bit sweet, strong notes of cassis

• Reply to: Bitter Temptation   by   1 month 1 week ago

Tried today: 1,5 oz Rye + 0,5 Smith & cross + 3/4 punt & mes + 1/3 Cynar + 1/3 Picon + 1 dash Cinnamon syrup

The syrup soften angles

• Reply to: South Slope   by   1 month 1 week ago

Curated to add missing lemon, garnish and instructions; improved attribution.

• Reply to: Cynartown   by   1 month 1 week ago

Curated; added cherry garnish per D&C book.

• Reply to: Piña Verde   by   1 month 1 week ago

Curated this slightly - removed copyrighted material. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Hurricane Franklin   by   1 month 1 week ago

I used Angostura 1919. The vanilla notes pair very well with the bitter cherry of the Amargo Vallet and the spice of the Falernum. This is really tasty.

• Reply to: The Amargo Vallet Sour   by   1 month 1 week ago

Gave it a dry shake and served it up. Very tasty. I like how the woodsy bitter cherry flavor of the Amargo Vallet works with the lemon juice.

• Reply to: The Drunken Dodo   by   1 month 2 weeks ago

I don't have Scarlet Ibis, so I tried making this with a bottle of Zaya that I am regretting having bought (the only Trinidad rum I have.) The overwhelming vanilla flavor made this drink cloying. So if you have a recent vintage bottle of Zaya, I wouldn't try it in this drink. In fact, I'm not sure what I'd try it in.

• Reply to: Yellow Raj   by   1 month 2 weeks ago

Just a little too tart IMO.  Upping the chartreuse by a smidge might help, or reducing the lime juice to .75 oz.  It's a decent drink as it stands, with tequila and chartreuse once again working great together, but a bit too sour.

• Reply to: Carolynn Reminder   by   1 month 2 weeks ago

An extremely well balanced and tasty cocktail. Wouldn't change a thing.

We used a local ginger liqueur that I would say is miles better than Canton, but this made it have a strong spicy afternote which everyone who had enjoyed.

• Reply to: La Merced   by   1 month 3 weeks ago

Based on the comments about sweetness, I made this with Campo de Encanto, Punt e Mes, and Montenegro (I find Nonino much sweeter than Montenegro, personally) as 1:1:1.  The result was not at all overly sweet to me, and Negroni-level bitter. (Which I consider a good thing.)

• Reply to: The Study   by   1 month 3 weeks ago

Just made this as I was given some Calisaya. I made three modifications, the first two out of necessity and the third of desire. 1st - I did not have Fernet on hand so I doubled the vermouth (Dolin). 2nd - Also did not have Bitterman's Burlesque so I used CRUDE "Lindsay" (Pecan, Magnolia, Habanero). I tasted the drink at this point and found it pretty good. 3rd - I added a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. The whole drink came together and is now rather good. I will make this again, and try to have the correct ingredients on hand...and a lemon just in case :)

• Reply to: La Goulue   by   1 month 3 weeks ago

Not a lot of cocktails where Suze is just kinda happily hanging out in the background. Well done.