• Reply to: Guyanese Missile Crisis   by   6 months 2 weeks ago

Far out, man. Far fucking out.

• Reply to: Miller's Crossing   by   6 months 3 weeks ago

Very good and subtle. Very Nice use of Smith and cross. Made with Yellow Chartreuse, cinzano, half plymouth and shetland reel gin, Grapefruit peel. Will make again without doubt.

• Reply to: Trial By Fire   by   7 months 17 hours ago

Do you have a recipe for the mango-habanero syrup? It would help others recreate this drink. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Frank of America   by   7 months 3 days ago

Curated this to clarify the creator of the original.

• Reply to: Alabazam   by   7 months 3 days ago

I need to try in the more brandy-forward version given here.

I had 1.5 oz brandy/.5 oz curacao/.25 oz lemon/.5 oz simple/.25 oz Ango & it was delicious.

• Reply to: Trotsky   by   7 months 3 days ago

Subbed Trader Vic’s Kona Coffee Liqueur for the St. George, and it came out quite well

• Reply to: Joy Division   by   7 months 4 days ago

Delicious by subbing cocchi americano for the dolin and creole shrubb for the cointreau. Later subbed combier for the creole shrubb, superb as well! Used martin miller westbourne strength and a barspoon for the absinthe measurement. Wonderful!!

• Reply to: The Red Corvette   by   7 months 4 days ago

That absinthe brand sounds great but I only had verte and blanche at home. Used Viex Carre and was pretty good.

• Reply to: Swee' Pea   by   7 months 1 week ago

Yes, rocks had occurred to me as a remedy for the lip-coating sugariness. I'll give it a try and consider changing the recipe. Thanks for trying it!

• Reply to: Swee' Pea   by   7 months 1 week ago

Sweet but good, but sweet. Orange bitter is very important. Made with Grand Marnier, half Eagle Rare and Dad's Hat, angostura orange...

Maybe better on the rocks ?

• Reply to: Winter Waltz   by   7 months 1 week ago

Tasty

• Reply to: Red Head   by   7 months 1 week ago

Very good with ramazotti,  dolin, and Chartreuse rinse

• Reply to: Artichoke Hold (Donna)   by   7 months 1 week ago

Tried many times but with different ratio, well shaken and served on rocks and liked it:

1 3/4 Smith, 1 oz lime, 1/3 elderflower, 1/4 orgeat, 1/2 Cynar

• Reply to: Bourbon: Tasting the Good Stuff, Neat   by   7 months 1 week ago

The state of Oregon sells Weller 12 for $29 if you can win the lottery to buy it... Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Boulevardier 12   by   7 months 1 week ago

I like this with an alteration to the vermouth. I use .25oz chipotle infused vermouth and .5 regular. Gives it a suble nice spice to it. You can also add a spray of Laphroaig10yr to it to top it off.

• Reply to: Easy Replenisher   by   7 months 1 week ago

Yes, that's it, cilantro...

• Reply to: Easy Replenisher   by   7 months 1 week ago

6 muddled sprigs of coriander (cilantro in USA) ?

• Reply to: Tetanus   by   7 months 1 week ago

Very sweet as written. I upped the scotch to 2 oz (Bowmore Legend). I also erred and doubled the Chartreuse. Probably best as written. I'm not sure what the last bitters is though. I could not taste one drop of celery bitters.

• Reply to: Bourbon: Tasting the Good Stuff, Neat   by   7 months 1 week ago

Total Wine still lists Weller Antique for $19.99 and BevMo for $29.99.  Good luck finding it for that price except in the hidden gems of local liquor stores that have a large/eclectic stock: demand for 'Poor Man's Pappy' is high.

• Reply to: Bourbon: Tasting the Good Stuff, Neat   by   7 months 1 week ago

Where did you find Weller for under $30? I just saw the Antique for $50.

• Reply to: Whiskey Sour   by   7 months 2 weeks ago

Dan Sabo's recipe that won PUNCH's blind-tasting whiskey sour competition is

• 2 oz Rittenhouse
    • 1 oz lemon juice
    • 1/2 oz orange juice
    • 1/2 oz rich simple
    • egg white
    • garnish with 1/2 slice orange and brandied cherry
  • Reply to: Geingi   by   7 months 2 weeks ago

11/02/18 - Fine martini riff, might either up the Genepi or substitute Chartreuse.

• Reply to: Newark   by   7 months 2 weeks ago

Meehan's Bartender Manual (p. 363) specs the vermouth as Vya sweet (and suggests Cocchi Vermouth di Torino as a good option) and Luxardo maraschino.

• Reply to: Black Forest Cocktail   by   7 months 3 weeks ago

A bit too strong for me.

• Reply to: Meatpacker   by   7 months 3 weeks ago

I second the tootsie roll comment. It's a pretty decent drink though.