• Reply to: Smoky Pineapple   by   6 months 3 weeks ago

Thanks for trying dear Happyrobot!

Pangolindo

• Reply to: Irma La Douce   by   6 months 3 weeks ago

Corrected name and updated details as per information from user mako Thanks!

• Reply to: Irma La Douce   by   6 months 4 weeks ago

The original recipe calls for "fresh cucumber puree (peel and blend cucumber, then pass through a sieve)" but suggests muddling a few slices would be fine for the lazy. I found it gummed up the top of my cobbler shaker so I'd recommend the former.

• Reply to: Dusk & Summer   by   7 months 1 day ago

Curated to fix fractional quantities.

• Reply to: Pegu Club   by   7 months 3 days ago

Wonderful recipe in Drink Magazine calls for 2 oz high proof london dry (I like martin miller westbourne strength), 2/3 oz. orange curaçao, 1/3 oz. lime, and liberal 1-2 dashes each aromatic and orange bitters. Color is a beautiful ruby grapefruit color. Delicious and elegant.

• Reply to: Ward 2   by   7 months 3 days ago

I lacked the courage to try this as a Negroni-format drink, so I used Manhattan-esque ratios: 2:1/2:1/2. Quite good. I might summon the fortitude to try it as written. I'm not a big mint fan, and too much Braulio comes across as Fernet-y to me. I bet this is great for Fernet lovers. Initial curator rating of 3 stars, subject to improvement with more trials.

• Reply to: Smoky Pineapple   by   7 months 4 days ago

Balanced and boozy. Like grandma.

Two thumbs up.

• Reply to: Margarita Violette   by   7 months 5 days ago

I used Bitter Truth's creme de violette and Clooney's blanco tequila (I forgot its actual name since I have it in a decanter).  This is a nice, well balanced cocktail.  Sort of clean and refreshing, if you will, with a nice limey - violette finish.

• Reply to: Cosmopolitan   by   7 months 5 days ago

Tried with: 1 3/4 oz Lemon infused gin+ Fat 3/4 oz organic Cranberry juice ( unsweetened)+ Fat 3/4oz Lime juice+ 2/3 oz grand marnier+ 1/5 agave.

Good enough to make again.

• Reply to: Midnight Marauder (Joaquín Simó)   by   7 months 1 week ago

Tried with Alipus Mezcal, without the mole bitters. Good but Will not make again. Strong Mezcal and Cynar in mouth.

Something is missing. Maybe the bitter dash...

• Reply to: McClassic   by   7 months 1 week ago

Agree with the 1 oz Sibilla and 1/2 Cherry Heering. The overall profile is similar to a Negroni (complex bitterness with satisfying finish), which is a compliment

• Reply to: Mexican Firing Squad   by   7 months 1 week ago
  • Reply to: Pimmsanity   by   7 months 1 week ago

"fat" here means a little more than, so be a little generous when you hit the 1/4 ounce mark. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: 4x1   by   7 months 1 week ago

Try

• Reply to: Pimmsanity   by   7 months 2 weeks ago

Have always wanted to make a whacky drink like this with a load of ingredients, even went through the trouble of making my own syrups... and I was NOT disappointed!
    I'm just a bit unsure as to what "(fat)" refers to?? I just used the amounts of lemon/lime juice stated.

• Reply to: Recommended Brands   by   7 months 2 weeks ago

Why is Pernod absinthe not on the list?! The only invented the damn drink!

• Reply to: Major Blunt   by   7 months 2 weeks ago

Made something like this with same quantities bourbon, Old Monk, Punt e Mes, ango and whiskied cherry (called it a Monkhattan). Was delicious. Can see it being less sweet with scotch.

• Reply to: Clear Intentions   by   7 months 2 weeks ago

Celery notes dominate. A challenging combination of orange, celery, sweet, and a bit of juniper.

• Reply to: Darwin’s Hopes   by   7 months 2 weeks ago

Curated this slightly - rewrote instructions for the banana whiskey to avoid copyright (at least those instructions look like they were all over the internet verbatim). Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Dead Last   by   7 months 2 weeks ago

didn't have the apricot liqueur so I subbed in a local apple brandy and shook in a couple of dashes of peach bitters...turned out quite lovely

• Reply to: Black Lodge   by   7 months 2 weeks ago

OK, so I've had this drink now with Michter's, Rittenhouse, and Old Overholt, and with Cherry Heering, Combier Rene Rouge, and Cherry Marnier.  The cherry liqueurs are really quite different.  To my taste, the results with Combier are clearly superior.  The Heering has many deep and dark flavor overtones, and the Marnier is too much of a conventional quotidian cherry flavor.  The Combier is clearly cherry, but fresh and subtle.  I haven't made one of these with Luxardo, but when tasting it alongside the other cherry liqueurs, its cherry-ness was more apparent than I would have thought

• Reply to: The Grand Bretagne no.1   by   7 months 2 weeks ago

SPEC#2: nolet's silver, edmond briotett creme de peche (instead of apricot), lemon (both lemon and lime are listed as options in the original recipe), whites and bitter truth peach bitters. A dry cocktail but definitely an improvement over the original (and more of a combo of no.1 & 2). ☆☆☆☆

• Reply to: The Grand Bretagne no.1   by   7 months 2 weeks ago

SPEC#1: using nolet's silver, bitter truth apricot liqueur, lime, whites and regan's no.6... maybe ☆☆

• Reply to: Night Tripper   by   7 months 2 weeks ago

This is Chris’s continually evolving Rebennack under a new name. Not sure why the change, but very tasty no matter what you call it, much like Dr. John himself.

• Reply to: Italian Gentleman   by   7 months 3 weeks ago