• Reply to: Geingi   by   7 months 3 weeks ago

11/02/18 - Fine martini riff, might either up the Genepi or substitute Chartreuse.

• Reply to: Newark   by   7 months 3 weeks ago

Meehan's Bartender Manual (p. 363) specs the vermouth as Vya sweet (and suggests Cocchi Vermouth di Torino as a good option) and Luxardo maraschino.

• Reply to: Black Forest Cocktail   by   7 months 3 weeks ago

A bit too strong for me.

• Reply to: Meatpacker   by   8 months 19 hours ago

I second the tootsie roll comment. It's a pretty decent drink though.

• Reply to: 1818   by   8 months 1 day ago

I thought that the 3 stars couldn't be right, then I mixed this up and I'm sorry but it was vile. I added 1/2 oz. Cointreau which made it a 2 star, but not worth repeating. Again, sorry, but this just ain't worth drinking.

• Reply to: Up Jumped the Devil   by   8 months 1 day ago

The linked reference specs Clement Première Canne, a blanc.

• Reply to: Up Jumped the Devil   by   8 months 1 day ago

Is it blanc or aged agricole? Will definitely have an impact on the finished drink.

• Reply to: White Dahlia   by   8 months 3 days ago

surprisingly a bit too sweet for me

• Reply to: Up Jumped the Devil   by   8 months 3 days ago

In the same neighborhood as the DeGrassi.

• Reply to: San Francisco   by   8 months 5 days ago

Curated to add to note that the original called for a cherry garnish.

• Reply to: Polka Dot Negroni   by   8 months 6 days ago

Salers isn't available in my part of the world, but I can report this works well with Suze. I'm with Mojo; this is light, summery and very drinkable.

• Reply to: Souracher   by   8 months 1 week ago

For Craig E, or anyone else who has wondered about the pronunciation of this cocktail's name, watch this: https://youtu.be/ZNmbHl7wUJs

• Reply to: Aromatic Collins   by   8 months 1 week ago

Also known as Angostura Fizz

• Reply to: Foreign Key   by   8 months 1 week ago

Tastes like a more floral, less savory wet martini to me.

• Reply to: Harlan County   by   8 months 1 week ago

Made stirred with Makers Mark and worked well. Added a dash of cherry vanilla bitters which rounded it out nicely

• Reply to: Reverse Manhattan (Berretto Da Notte)   by   8 months 2 weeks ago

Curated to remove copyright infringement, per our Style Guide.

• Reply to: The Trembler   by   8 months 2 weeks ago

Curated to remove direct wording from source to avoid copyright infringement, and to fix a couple of errors in the ingredient list.

• Reply to: Hurricane Franklin   by   8 months 2 weeks ago

I just tried this one and I really enjoyed it! I used aquafaba instead of the egg white (as suggested in the note), which gave the drink a little hint of savory nuttyness. I took the advice of another commenter and upped the Amargo a touch and went a light on the falernum, which I think was a good choice. I also replaced the Trinidad rum with an ounce of Barbados rum (Mount Gay) and a quarter-ounce of a dunder-heavy Jamaican pot still rum (Dr Bird). It all came together to make one of the strangest cocktails I've ever built — but in a good way! Rich, creamy, nutty, funky, and surprisingly well balanced. Big thumbs up from me!

• Reply to: Wicked Kiss   by   8 months 2 weeks ago

10/06/18 Excellent, the interaction between DOM and YChartreuse is interesting.

• Reply to: Amaro Mood   by   8 months 3 weeks ago

Good with Maker's 46.

• Reply to: Apparent Sour   by   9 months 7 hours ago

I used my usual sour ratios and made it less sweet and, to my palate, more delicious .

Try:

2oz Aperol

1oz Lime juice

.5oz St Germain

• Reply to: Adam's Words   by   9 months 18 hours ago

I was out of Smith & Cross and so used Lemonhart 151 and I used King's Ginger. Loooong shake. Very good, although the Chartreuse dominated a bit. I might fudge the ratio, with more ginger and less Chartreuse.

• Reply to: Parisian Cocktail (Verlaine)   by   9 months 3 days ago

Lightly curated: paraphrased instructions to fix copyright infringement, added a little history and changed name to reflect origin more clearly.

• Reply to: Chrysanthemum   by   9 months 4 days ago

PDT makes this with only a quarter ounce of Bénédictine. I find a half ounce to be a happy medium.

• Reply to: Private Club Cocktail   by   9 months 4 days ago

I took the lemon down to a third and the maple up to a third. Solid improvement. (I also used some smoked maple syrup that I had.)