• Reply to: Brunswick   by   8 months 1 week ago

Taste mostly Cognac. Very dry.

Only for Cognac lovers or dry stuff.

• Reply to: Vlad the Imbiber   by   8 months 1 week ago

Had no Rye. Tried with Bourbon. Very Nice and interesting. I understand why Rye is called in the mix.

Kind of boulevardier,  but spicier.

Will try soon with Rye.

4 stars.

• Reply to: Hurly-Burly   by   8 months 1 week ago

Taste mostly Montenegro.

3 stars

• Reply to: Greco Italian Piccadilly   by   8 months 1 week ago

Really liked this. Made with Ango, Vermut Lustau (so maybe technically a Greco Spanish Piccadilly?), Tanqueray 10 and halved the Ouzo to taste. A complex, cold, strong gin cocktail.

• Reply to: The Wink   by   8 months 1 week ago

Made with reduced tonic syrup, Cointreau blood orange, orange bitters and grapefruit twist. Delicious.

• Reply to: Frequent Flyer   by   8 months 1 week ago

Excellent, deep bitter marmalade flavour

• Reply to: Sun King   by   8 months 1 week ago

Added 3/4 lemon, and used instead of Chambord a fat 1/2 oz of premixed fortified syrup made of pomegranate juice, raspberry cordial, Cherry and cassis liqueur: The Sun King turned in a very fine sour. Shaken.

5 Stars !

You should try

• Reply to: Bernard Black   by   8 months 1 week ago

What kind of amaro would you suggest for this?

• Reply to: Loop Tonic   by   8 months 2 weeks ago

Alternatve link added.

• Reply to: Loop Tonic   by   8 months 2 weeks ago

Reference link redirects to a page without the recipe.  Wayback machine link.

• Reply to: Mashbills, Geeky Information and Resources   by   8 months 2 weeks ago

Awesome post...! Thanks..!

• Reply to: Miller's Crossing   by   8 months 2 weeks ago

Transatlantic rum 2014 Fidji, Bombay, green izarra, Cocchi torino, peychaud. Very different from the original recipe, sweeter, intense rum forward without too much funk. Subtility disappear. Much more interesting to stick to orignal.

• Reply to: Paper Plane   by   8 months 2 weeks ago

Tried with Overproof Bourbon 129 proof... Much better. Less flat than comon proof Bourbon.

• Reply to: Dandara   by   8 months 2 weeks ago

Curated this to conform to the linked Instagram post. Thanks! Zachary

• Reply to: Foreign Affairs   by   8 months 2 weeks ago

Dammit, Rafa - I didn't buy that new bottle of Peychaud's just for you, y'know! Lovely drink, though.

• Reply to: Dandara   by   8 months 2 weeks ago
  • Reply to: Dandara   by   8 months 3 weeks ago

"Amaro" is a very broad category; I wonder what type is intended, or would work well, here.

• Reply to: Smoky Pineapple   by   8 months 3 weeks ago

Thanks for trying dear Happyrobot!

Pangolindo

• Reply to: Irma La Douce   by   8 months 3 weeks ago

Corrected name and updated details as per information from user mako Thanks!

• Reply to: Irma La Douce   by   8 months 3 weeks ago

The original recipe calls for "fresh cucumber puree (peel and blend cucumber, then pass through a sieve)" but suggests muddling a few slices would be fine for the lazy. I found it gummed up the top of my cobbler shaker so I'd recommend the former.

• Reply to: Dusk & Summer   by   8 months 3 weeks ago

Curated to fix fractional quantities.

• Reply to: Pegu Club   by   8 months 3 weeks ago

Wonderful recipe in Drink Magazine calls for 2 oz high proof london dry (I like martin miller westbourne strength), 2/3 oz. orange curaçao, 1/3 oz. lime, and liberal 1-2 dashes each aromatic and orange bitters. Color is a beautiful ruby grapefruit color. Delicious and elegant.

• Reply to: Ward 2   by   8 months 4 weeks ago

I lacked the courage to try this as a Negroni-format drink, so I used Manhattan-esque ratios: 2:1/2:1/2. Quite good. I might summon the fortitude to try it as written. I'm not a big mint fan, and too much Braulio comes across as Fernet-y to me. I bet this is great for Fernet lovers. Initial curator rating of 3 stars, subject to improvement with more trials.

• Reply to: Smoky Pineapple   by   8 months 4 weeks ago

Balanced and boozy. Like grandma.

Two thumbs up.

• Reply to: Margarita Violette   by   8 months 4 weeks ago

I used Bitter Truth's creme de violette and Clooney's blanco tequila (I forgot its actual name since I have it in a decanter).  This is a nice, well balanced cocktail.  Sort of clean and refreshing, if you will, with a nice limey - violette finish.