It's symbolizing the "Victory", a fitting choice of the original and first ever "Cinco de Mayo" Cocktail.
|1 1⁄2||oz||Tequila, Jose Cuervo Tradicional Silver|
|1⁄2||oz||Crème de Fraise|
|1⁄4||Red Bell Pepper|
|1||bsp||Mezcal, Del Maguey Vida|
– Gently muddle the red bell-pepper and raspberries together into the mixing glass. – Add barspoon of agave syrup to dissolve with lemon juice then fill up with the remain ingredients. – Add ice and shake it! – Strain into a rocks glass filled with crushed ice. – Floating the mescal on top and garnish with lemon zest, stick of berries and sprig of mints; then sprinkle pinch of black pepper. – Enjoy the battle!
It tastes "sophisticated and complex", just like a beautiful summer in the mouthfeel.
“Cinco de Mayo” was inspired by the namesake battle of the world-renowned celebration - the Mexican army's 1862 victory over France. The drink shows off a bloody war that Tequila is base for their nation,Wenneker Strawberry is the love of Mexican and raspberry gives the freshness for color of the blood with the red bell-pepper to give a bit of spicy when France failed. The lemon juice is to give the right balance of a losing battle and agave syrup is just to compliment the flavor of sweetness when they won. The Swizzle Masters Competition decided to make the drinks live at the Vinexpo in Bordeaux so Dubonnet Rouge is to add extra flavors and more complex for the drink. Then the Mezcal and a pinch black of pepper can be added for the smokiness of the war as well as the people who dead in the battle.
From other users
- This could be a simple drink but I believe when it serves to the right people in the right place at the right time then it would become amazing!
- Baby Don't You Change — Trinidad rum, Aromatized wine, Campari, Riesling, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Daiquiri (Sweeter) — Light rum, Simple syrup, Lime juice
- Say Goodnight Gracie — Light rum, Crème de Violette, Rich demerara syrup 2:1, Lime juice
- Planters Punch (Simple) — Jamaican rum, Grenadine, Lime juice, Lemon juice
- Other Night, The — Reposado Tequila, Apricot liqueur, Bénédictine, Lime
- 1818 — Tequila, Chinato, Aromatized wine, Cherry Liqueur, Lime juice
- Bog Harvest 2 — White whiskey, Sweet vermouth, Cranberry liqueur, Cranberry bitters
- Test Pilot — Jamaican rum, Light rum, Triple sec, Falernum, Absinthe, Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Lime juice
- Don Franco Penicilina — Tequila, Rum, Lime juice, Honey Ginger Syrup, Gomme syrup
- Lil' Jig — Tequila, Herbal liqueur, Lime, Simple syrup, Basil