A Bourbon-Ginger sour
|1 1⁄2||oz||Bourbon, Old Weller Antique 107|
|3⁄4||oz||Ruby Port, Sandeman|
|1⁄2||oz||Ginger liqueur, Domaine de Canton|
|1||Ginger (Nickel-sized slice, as garnish)|
|1||Blackberry (As garnish)|
Shake with ice; strain into chilled coupé. Garnish.
Assemble garnishes on a cocktail pick. I used house-made dram, but the commercial stuff, e.g., St. Elizabeth's, is just fine.
From other users
- I had some leftover ginger from making anise-scented short ribs & built this recipe around it. Originally an aromatic cocktail, it needed some acid to balance the sweetness — hence the lemon juice.
- Test Pilot — Jamaican rum, Light rum, Triple sec, Falernum, Absinthe, Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Lime juice
- Planter's Punch (Spiced Rum) — Spiced Rum, Trinidad rum, Campari, Bitters, Cardamom bitters, Lime juice, Grenadine, Lemon juice
- Artist's Special Cocktail — Rye, Sherry, Redcurrant syrup, Lemon juice
- Planters Punch (Simple) — Jamaican rum, Grenadine, Lime juice, Lemon juice
- Front Steps — Rye, Falernum, Kirschwasser, Peychaud's Bitters, Lemon juice
- The Equinox — Hum, Sweet vermouth, Rye, Bitters
- Other Night, The — Reposado Tequila, Apricot liqueur, Bénédictine, Lime
- The Vowel Cocktail — Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Kummel, Bitters, Orange juice
- Bog Harvest 2 — White whiskey, Sweet vermouth, Cranberry liqueur, Cranberry bitters
- Czech it at the Door — Becherovka, Rye, Fernet Branca, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Orange peel