Cassis is another name for creme de cassis, or blackcurrant liqueur. Cassis the liqueur should not be confused with Cassis the white wine growing region in southern France. In a perfect world, a Kir would be a cold glass of Cassis the wine with the addition of cassis liqueur.
Some popular cocktails containing Cassis
- Laetare Fizz — Amaro Montenegro, Aromatized wine, Gin, Cassis, Peychaud's Bitters, Blood Orange Juice, Egg white, Passion fruit puree, Heavy cream, Lemon juice
- Sea of Cortez — Blanco tequila, Cassis, Triple sec, Lime juice
- Cassis Caipirinha (Cassis Batida) — Cachaça, Cassis, Lime
- Teresa 2 — Campari, Gin, Cassis, Lime juice
- Sweet Moonlight — Old Tom Gin, Cassis, Crème de Violette, Crème de Cacao, Egg white, Lemon juice