Cassis is another name for creme de cassis, or blackcurrant liqueur. Cassis the liqueur should not be confused with Cassis the white wine growing region in southern France. In a perfect world, a Kir would be a cold glass of Cassis the wine with the addition of cassis liqueur.
Some popular cocktails containing Cassis
- Sea of Cortez — Blanco tequila, Cassis, Triple sec, Lime juice
- Laetare Fizz — Amaro Montenegro, Aromatized wine, Gin, Cassis, Peychaud's Bitters, Blood Orange Juice, Egg white, Passion fruit puree, Heavy cream, Lemon juice
- Hazy Asset — Cognac, Cassis, Scotch, Cherry Liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Orgeat, Cinnamon syrup, Lemon juice
- Gibbons Boost — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Cassis, Peychaud's Bitters
- Blackcurrant Knickerbocker — Demerara Rum, Triple sec, Cassis, Lemon juice, Blackcurrant preserves