Orange bitters are a type of cocktail bitters where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- Sun Stealer — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Fernet Branca, Crème de Cacao, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Victor Victoria — Blanco tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Lime juice
- Pig's Punch — Rye, Bénédictine, Orange bitters, Apple cider, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Sage
- New Jersey Transit — Bourbon, Orange bitters, Bitters, Apple cider, Demerara syrup, Orange peel
- World Cup — Cachaça, Amaro Nonino, Orange bitters, Demerara syrup, Tangerine, Lime