Orange bitters are a type of cocktail bitters where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- Allie Elizabeth Sleeping — Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Dry vermouth, Mezcal, Jamaican rum, Orange bitters
- Smoking Cap — Ruby Port, Gin, Falernum, Gunpowder Rum, Orange bitters
- SunRye — Campari, Rye, Orange bitters, Orange peel, Orange juice
- Root of All Evil — Bourbon, Orange liqueur, Maraschino Liqueur, Fernet Branca, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Honky and the Donkey — Mezcal, Amontillado Sherry, Aromatized wine, Bénédictine, Orange bitters