Orange bitters are a type of cocktail bitters where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- Don's Little Bitter — Rum, Fernet Branca, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Pig's Punch — Rye, Bénédictine, Orange bitters, Apple cider, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Sage
- Eeyore's Requiem — Campari, Bianco Vermouth, Gin, Cynar, Fernet Branca, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- The Riviera — Gin, Orange bitters, Egg white, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Mint
- Mayan French Piccadilly — Gin, Aromatized wine, Xtabentun, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange bitters