Orange bitters are a type of cocktail bitters where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- The Charlatan — Sweet vermouth, Campari, Cherry Liqueur, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Revelation — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Fernet Branca, Orange bitters, Cherry
- The Riviera — Gin, Orange bitters, Egg white, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Mint
- The Search for Delicious — Cynar, Sweet vermouth, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Lemon peel, Salt
- Victor Victoria — Blanco tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Lime juice