Rye is an American whiskey stilled from rye and other grains. The term rye is also used to refer to Canadian rye whiskey which has very little rye flavor and is usually made with little rye grain.
Some popular cocktails containing Rye
- Vieux Carré — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Cognac, Bénédictine, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters
- Little Italy — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Maraschino cherry, Maraschino cherry syrup
- Sazerac 1962 — Rye, Peychaud's Bitters, Herbal liqueur, Sugar cube, Lemon peel
- Queen City — Rye, Aromatized wine, Bitters, Amaro, Grapefruit peel
- Far East Algonquin — Rye, Bitters, Cardamom, Pineapple juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup