A simple yet bright bourbon cocktail.
|2||oz||Bourbon, Four Roses|
|3⁄4||oz||Dry vermouth, Vya|
|3⁄4||oz||Maraschino Liqueur, Luxardo|
Stir all ingredients gently with ice and strain into a chilled coupe. Garnish with a small lemon wheel on the rim, or a lemon twist.
Originally inspired by Difford's "Bourbonella," which features triple sec and grenadine.
From other users
- Didn't have the recommended vermouth. Used 1/2 recommended part sweet Vermut Lacuesta and 1/2 part Gran Classico bitters. Interesting
- Subbed Atsby Armadillo Cake for the Vya, with excellent results.
- Whiskey sour on steroids. Delicious!
- I made it with Elijah Craig 12 Yr Old bourbon. Probably would have been better w the 4 Roses. Also only had Noily Pratt Dry vermouth May try again w 4 Roses and Dolin or the suggested Vya.
- Martilla — Añejo tequila, Dry vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Fall Warmth — Apple brandy, Maraschino Liqueur, Amontillado Sherry, Bitters, Lemon juice
- Leather and Lace — Bourbon, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Adderley Cocktail — Rye, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange bitters, Lemon juice
- Armistice — Rye, Dry vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Bitters
- Brooklyn Heights — Rye, Dry vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Amaro Abano, Campari
- Kentucky Pilgrim — Bourbon, Maraschino Liqueur, Lemon juice, Demerara syrup, Lemon peel
- Night Owl — Cognac, Sherry, Sweet vermouth, Batavia Arrack
- Happy 'Rack — Apple brandy, Batavia Arrack, Allspice Dram, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Grenadine, Nutmeg
- Northerly Drift — Blended Scotch, Maraschino Liqueur, Rum, Licor 43, Orange juice