|3⁄4||oz||Elderflower liqueur, St. Germain|
|1⁄2||t||Crème de Violette (See Notes)|
Shake with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with 7 evil exes.
As a nod to the namesake character's constantly changing hair color, other flower-based liquids can/should be substituted for the Crème de Violette at the drinker's discretion. A couple dashes of Rose Water (which amps up the floral aspect) or Orange Flower Water (which severely tames the bitterness) both work nicely. Crème Yvette, Hum, Lavender Liqueur or Bitters, etc. might also be worth trying.
From other users
- Lovely looking and nice tasting. The floral notes didn't come through that strongly for me, but the sweet/bitter flavors are balanced well.
- The Richard Branson! — Rye, Bärenjäger, Bitters, Lemon juice, Maple syrup, Lemon peel
- Rum Decker — Gold rum, Falernum, Virgin Islands Rum, Lime juice
- Date Expectations — Añejo rum, Cherry Liqueur, Peach bitters, Lemon juice, Maple syrup
- Hurricane Sterba — Añejo rum, Falernum, Fernet Branca, Virgin Islands Rum, Lime juice
- Lone Wolf — Bourbon, Averna, Bitters, Lemon juice, Gomme syrup
- Baren Derby — Bourbon, Bärenjäger, Grapefruit juice, Grapefruit peel
- Nishla Tequila Orange Campari — Añejo tequila, Campari, Elderflower liqueur, Orange juice, Orange peel
- Honey Sidecar — Cognac, Honey Liqueur, Bénédictine, Orange bitters, Lemon juice
- The Great Silence — Rye, Aperol, Maraschino Liqueur, Absinthe, Lime juice
- Rio Grande — Bourbon, Tequila, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Lemon juice, Ginger syrup