|2||oz||Bourbon, Buffalo Trace|
|1⁄2||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Punt e Mes|
|1⁄2||oz||Simple syrup (Nutmeg Simple Syrup, see 'Notes')|
Shake ingredients with ice and double strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Add 4oz water and 4oz sugar to a small saucepan and heat until sugar is fully incorporated. Wrap a whole nutmeg in a bar towel and smash with a meat mallet or heavy pan. Add crushed nutmeg to the saucepan, stir, and remove from heat. Allow to cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
From other users
- Used freshly ground nutmeg instead of syrup. Very wintery and seasonal. Taste is a easy 4. The cream curdles and the appearance if that of swampwater which lowered my score. Skip the cream next time?
- Sabotta Dusk — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Cognac, Averna, Bitters
- Heathen VC — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Armagnac, Bitters, Triple sec, Absinthe
- Scottish Autumn — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Applejack, Drambuie, Bitters
- Floridita Special — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Triple sec, Amer Picon, Bitters, Sugar
- The Director — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Amer Picon, Ginger Brandy
- All Good Things — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Añejo rum, Peychaud's Bitters, Herbal liqueur, Fernet Branca
- McClellan's Curse — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Absinthe, Bitters, Allspice Dram
- Autumn Leaves — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Apple brandy, Strega, Cinnamon syrup
- Lloyd 100 — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Bourbon, Absinthe, Allspice Dram
- Gibbons Boost — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Cassis, Peychaud's Bitters