Cranberry shrub makes it good for Turkey Day, and for any other occasion.
|1||oz||Gin, Bluecoat (Citrusy gins such as Beefeater 24, New Amsterdam also good with this.)|
|1⁄4||oz||Cranberry shrub (Homemade using demarara & cider vinegar.)|
|1||spl||Prosecco (Or cava, should be dry, fill flute.)|
Combine gin, Lillet blanc and cranberry shrub in mixing glass over ice, stir to combine, strain into flute, top with dry prosecco or cava.
From my notes, this was tasty last Thanksgiving with homemade cranberry shrub. Might be tasty with other shrubs (i.e. cherry, kiwi, apricot) for other occasions. Cranberry shrub homemade with demarara sugar & cider vinegar as per http://bit.ly/ekePOp
Whipped up à la minute last Turkey Day, 11/25/10.
- The People All Call Her Alaska — Dry vermouth, Gin, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Mint, Lemon peel
- Island Dream — Gin, Aromatized wine, Dry vermouth, Bianco Vermouth, Orange bitters, Salt Solution, Lemon peel
- Zaza (Dubonett Cocktail) — Gin, Aromatized wine, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Singing Ginger — Gin, Ginger Wine, Aromatized wine
- The Botanist — Gin, Aromatized wine, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Stovetop Challenge — Gin, Aromatized wine, Bitters
- Lake County Remembered — Aromatized wine, Amontillado Sherry, Old Tom Gin, Pear eau de vie, Bitters, Lemon juice
- dRYe Martini — Bianco Vermouth, Gin, Orange bitters, Bitters, Orange peel
- Betty's Blood — Chinato, Gin
- The Queen's Drink — Aromatized wine, Gin, Lemon