Cranberry juice is the juice of the cranberry, which are typically squeezed and pressed to separate the juice from the fruit. By itself, cranberry juice is incredibly tart and somewhat bitter, so companies have devised many ways of blending other fruits into cranberry juice to moderate the acidity and bitterness somewhat.
Common fruit juices blended with cranberry juice include apple, grape, and pomegranate, though strawberry, tangerine and cherry are also used. Recently, white cranberry juice has been introduced, which is made from ripe cranberries that have not changed color yet, resulting in a softer, less bitter juice which is also blended with other fruit juices.
Some popular cocktails containing Cranberry juice
- Countrypolitan — Corn Whiskey, Triple sec, Cranberry juice, Lime juice
- The Redhead — Orange vodka, Orange liqueur, Cranberry juice, Lime Foam
- Boston Bog — Rum, Apricot liqueur, Cranberry, Cranberry juice, Lime juice, Ginger syrup, Orange peel
- The HONK! Hornblower — Cranberry juice, Ginger beer, Orgeat
- La Vie En Rouge — Orange liqueur, Cranberry juice, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Rosemary