Cranberry juice is the juice of the [ingredient=cranberry cranberry], which are typically squeezed and pressed to separate the juice from the fruit. By itself, cranberry juice is incredibly tart and somewhat bitter, so companies have devised many ways of blending other fruits into cranberry juice to moderate the acidity and bitterness somewhat.
Common fruit juices blended with cranberry juice include [ingredient=apple-juice apple], grape, and [ingredient=pomegranate-juice pomegranate], though strawberry, tangerine and cherry are also used. Recently, [ingredient=white-cranberry-juice white cranberry juice] has been introduced, which is made from ripe cranberries that have not changed color yet, resulting in a softer, less bitter juice which is also blended with other fruit juices.
Some popular cocktails containing Cranberry juice
- Countrypolitan — Corn Whiskey, Triple sec, Lime juice, Cranberry juice
- Cosmopolitan Milk Punch — Vodka, Tawny port, Triple sec, Tonic water, Cranberry juice, Milk, Lime juice, Sugar, Star anise, Bay leaf, Clove, Pomegranate molasses, Orange peel, Grapefruit peel, Cardamom
- Summer Sunset Cooler — Citrus vodka, Ginger ale, Passion fruit syrup, Cranberry juice
- The Redhead — Orange vodka, Orange liqueur, Cranberry juice, Lime foam
- Boston Bog — Rum, Apricot liqueur, Ginger syrup, Lime juice, Cranberry juice, Orange peel, Cranberry
- The HONK! Hornblower — Cranberry juice, Ginger beer, Orgeat
- Kirsch Cosmo — Kirschwasser, Triple sec, Cranberry juice, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- Pink Cougar — Citrus vodka, Limoncello, Triple sec, Lemon juice, Cranberry juice, Grenadine
- Cosmopolitan — Lemon vodka, Triple sec, Lime juice, Cranberry juice, Lime
- Camparipolitan — Campari, Orange liqueur, Lime juice, Cranberry juice, Salt, Orange peel