|1||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Punt e Mes|
|1||twst||Orange peel (or orange slice, as garnish)|
Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass (there should be some nice foam on top) and garnish with an orange wheel or peel.
This is a variation on The Blood and Sand which was named after a Rudolph Valentino movie, so I decided to name this drink after a modern movie. Leonardo DiCaprio is a past winner of Italy's Valentino award, so I chose "Catch Me If You Can." This recipe substitutes cranberry for orange juice and creme de cassis for cherry brandy. I halved the liqueur from the Blood and Sand to cut the sweetness down and used Punt e Mes to amp up the bitter notes.
- The Good Fella — Canadian whisky, Sweet vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters, Cherry, Luxardo Bitter
- Hamilton — Scotch, Rum, Allspice Dram, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Herbal liqueur, Cherry
- George Washington — Applejack, Rye, Sweet vermouth, Cherry Liqueur, Allspice Dram, Brandied cherry
- Gateway Sling — Bourbon, Averna, Cherry Liqueur, Brandied cherry, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- The Grandfather — Apple brandy, Sweet vermouth, Bourbon, Peychaud's Bitters, Bitters, Cherry
- Cherry Blossom (Jamie Boudreau) — Rye, Kirschwasser, Crème de Cacao, Bitters, Cherry
- Rubescent Glow — Bourbon, Averna, Maraschino Liqueur, Cherry Liqueur, Rhubarb bitters, Cherry
- Lord Sheffield — Rye, Crème Yvette, Sweet vermouth, Orange bitters, Cherry, Salers Gentiane
- Thanksgiving 'Wine' — Pimm's No. 1 Cup, Bourbon, Cynar, Bitters, Chocolate bitters, Maraschino cherry
- Hill Country Smash — Rye, Aperol, Blackberry, Agave syrup, Mint