Cassis is another name for creme de cassis, or blackcurrant liqueur. Cassis the liqueur should not be confused with Cassis the white wine growing region in southern France. In a perfect world, a Kir would be a cold glass of Cassis the wine with the addition of cassis liqueur.
Some popular cocktails containing Cassis
- Sea of Cortez — Blanco tequila, Cassis, Triple sec, Lime juice, Lime
- Emotional Tailspin — Bourbon, Amaro, Cassis, Lemon peel, Lemon juice
- Gibbons Boost — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Cassis, Peychaud's Bitters
- Likkle Scratchy — Jamaican rum, Virgin Islands Rum, Cassis, Lime juice
- Unusual sour — Mezcal, Rye, Cassis, Bitters, Lime juice, Pine liqueur