Cassis is another name for creme de cassis, or blackcurrant liqueur. Cassis the liqueur should not be confused with Cassis the white wine growing region in southern France. In a perfect world, a Kir would be a cold glass of Cassis the wine with the addition of cassis liqueur.
Some popular cocktails containing Cassis
- Emotional Tailspin — Bourbon, Amaro, Cassis, Lemon peel, Lemon juice
- Sea of Cortez — Blanco tequila, Cassis, Triple sec, Lime juice, Lime
- Spiritland — Gin, Mezcal, Herbal liqueur, Cassis, Bianco Vermouth, Rose water
- Christmas Concoction — Gin, Crème de Violette, Cassis, Aztec Chocolate bitters, Lime juice
- Hazy Asset — Cognac, Cassis, Scotch, Cherry Liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Orgeat, Cinnamon syrup, Lemon juice