Cassis is another name for creme de cassis, or blackcurrant liqueur. Cassis the liqueur should not be confused with Cassis the white wine growing region in southern France. In a perfect world, a Kir would be a cold glass of Cassis the wine with the addition of cassis liqueur.
Some popular cocktails containing Cassis
- Sea of Cortez — Blanco tequila, Cassis, Triple sec, Lime juice, Lime
- Cassis Party #2 — Blanco tequila, Cynar, Cassis, Pepper tincture, Absinthe, Lemon juice, Orgeat
- Parisian Cocktail (Verlaine) — Gin, Dry vermouth, Cassis, Lavender bitters, Lemon peel
- Blackcurrant Knickerbocker — Demerara Rum, Triple sec, Cassis, Lemon juice, Blackcurrant preserves
- Cassis Caipirinha (Cassis Batida) — Cachaça, Cassis, Lime