Framboise is an eau de vie, a clear, unaged fruit brandy made from raspberries. Framboise is one of the most expensive fruit brandies, as it takes around 80 pounds of raspberries to make a liter of brandy.
Framboise is the French word for raspberry. Among German or Austrian producers of fruit brandies, you might see them labelled as Himbeergeist (literally raspberry spirit). If you're lucky, you might find Waldhimbeeregeist, made from wild raspberries.
Trimbach and Massenez are two quality producers of Framboise.
Framboise the spirit should not be confused with the Belgian lambic beer or the fortified dessert wine from Pacific Rim of the same name.
Some popular cocktails containing Framboise
- 3 o'clock — Tequila, Framboise, Bitters, Lime juice, Egg white, Agave syrup
- Little Feat — Gin, Framboise, Lemon soda
- Susie Drake — Gin, Triple sec, Framboise, Rhubarb Soda water, Lemon juice, Vanilla syrup
- Florodora (Dead Rabbit Version) — Gin, Framboise, Bitters, Ginger ale, Lime juice, Ginger syrup, Nutmeg
- London Briar — Gin, Framboise, Maraschino Liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Lime juice