My horror Hanky Panky.
|1 1⁄2||oz||Herbal liqueur, Jeppson's Malort|
|1 1⁄2||oz||Sweet vermouth|
|1||twst||Orange peel (As garnish)|
Stir with ice, strain into a coupe, and garnish with an orange twist.
"Pleasure to me is wonder – the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability." – H.P. Lovecraft.
After making the Hocus Pocus that was a riff on the Hanky Panky, I began to contemplate other things that began with H & P. My mind soon drifted to the initials of the New England cosmic horror author H.P. Lovecraft, and that led me to Malört as the base spirit to represent the supernatural horror aspect. I dubbed this one the Ada Lovecraft as a nod to Ada Coleman who created the Hanky Panky at the Savoy Hotel bar.
- at peace with what once was — Herbal liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Falernum, Bitters, Mint
- Monks Thistle — Herbal liqueur, Cynar, Orange bitters, Water
- Anna Held Cocktail — Herbal liqueur, Maraschino Liqueur, Cognac, Curaçao, Bitters
- Cocoa Puff Smash — Herbal liqueur, Crème de Cacao, Mint, Lemon
- Yellow Parrot — Apricot liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Absinthe, Orange
- Malört Face — Herbal liqueur, Aromatized wine, Pamplemousse Rose, Lemon peel
- Colleen Bawn — Rye, Bénédictine, Herbal liqueur, Whole egg, Simple syrup
- Disco Ball — Herbal liqueur, Mezcal
- Rum Scaffa — Rum, Bénédictine, Bitters
- Louis Special — Herbal liqueur, Bénédictine, Gin