|1||oz||Elderflower liqueur, St. Germain|
|1||twst||Lemon peel (or orange, as garnish)|
Shake all ingredients with ice and fine strain into a chilled Martini glass. Garnish with lemon or orange twist.
A fragrant, easy to love variation on the classic martini! The bracing, dry flavors of gin and the sweet, floral-fruity flavors of elderflower liqueur balance each other beautifully. Play with the proportions of St. Germain and dry vermouth according to personal preference. I like a good dose of vermouth, but some may prefer to substitute a dry white wine.
From other users
- A sweet floral martini, very tasty and not harsh. The lemon twist and the elderberry play nice together, but it might have just a bit too much St. Germain. Consider reducing the St. Germain to see what it tastes like.
- Midnight Prayer — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Crème de Violette, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Le Jacques Strap — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Crème Yvette, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Comte de Sureau — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Campari, Orange peel
- The Chunnel — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Meyer lemon juice
- Elder Fashion — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Orange bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Separatist Gimlet — Gin, Falernum, Grapefruit bitters, Absinthe
- Wild Flower — Gin, Bourbon, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters