|3⁄4||oz||Batavia Arrack, Van Oosten|
|1⁄2||oz||Passion fruit syrup|
|2||oz||India Pale Ale, Left Hand 400 Pound Monkey|
|1||ds||Bitters, Angostura (as garnish)|
Shake, strain over ice in a highball, top with IPA, garnish with a dash of Angostura and a lime wheel, serve with straw.
Created for the Tales of the Cocktail 2014 "Taming the Hurricane" competition. Mehta mentions that the version he submitted to the contest was made with rhum agricole, with the quantities doubled to fill a hurricane glass.
- Pela Paha — Märzen beer, Demerara Rum, Campari, Lime juice, Brown sugar coffee syrup, Apple
- Park Street Cup — Beer, Pimm's No. 1 Cup, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange bitters, Bitters, Egg white, Simple syrup, Lemon juice
- Americano Perfecto — Pilsner, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Orange
- Belden Anti-hero — India Pale Ale, Applejack, Ginger liqueur, Honey syrup, Amaro Lucano
- Detroiter — India Pale Ale, Apple brandy, Cynar, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Grapefruit peel
- Hop Over — India Pale Ale, Genever, Falernum, Lemon juice, Orange flower water, Lemon
- Thom Collins — India Pale Ale, Old Tom Gin, Grapefruit liqueur, Aperol, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Franco-American 60 — India Pale Ale, Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Lemon juice, Grapefruit peel
- American Gentleman — India Pale Ale, Rye, Orange bitters, Ginger syrup, Lemon juice, Rosemary
- IPAiniac — India Pale Ale, Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Lemon juice, Honey syrup