|2||ds||Bitters (Orange works well)|
Shake with ice. Strain into chilled cocktail glass or over ice in rocks glass. Garnish with orange.
Unrelated to this cocktail of the same name: http://looka.gumbopages.com/2010/05/13/doctors-orders/
From other users
- Made with Bonal instead of Sweet Vermouth. Very bitter, but not as Fernet-forward as you might expect. A good cocktail to sip and linger over. Try with 1/2 oz of Fernet for a more balanced flavor profile.
- Nice to sip. Reduced Fernet by half, was overpowering to me at full strength.
- Miseria Cocktail — Sweet vermouth, Fernet Branca, Orange bitters
- Winter Digestive — Fernet Branca, Sweet vermouth, Bitters
- The Basco — Gin, Campari, Fernet Branca, Orange bitters
- San Francisco Treat — Bianco Vermouth, Averna, Fernet Branca, Orange peel
- Quartermaster — Dry vermouth, Fernet Branca, Aperol, Bénédictine, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Coco Fernet — Fernet, Fernet Branca, Coconut liqueur, Virgin Islands Rum, Lime peel
- Constitution Hound — Rye, Fernet Branca, Campari, Absinthe, Bigallet China-China, Peychaud's Bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Fernet Sling — Fernet Branca, Sweet vermouth, Soda water, Lemon juice, Rich demerara syrup 2:1, Orange peel
- You've Got It — Fernet Branca, Pisco, Herbal liqueur, Lime peel
- El Camino — Rye, Aperol, Fernet Branca, Lemon peel