My exotic take on the Poet's Dream using elements from various parts of the world. Like the explorer's life back in those centuries, this one is rough but rewarding.
|1||ds||Absinthe (I utilized 20 drops St. George)|
Stir with ice, strain into a punch cup, and garnish with a lemon twist.
Smoke and funk accented by chocolate, mint, and anise flavors.
I had recently tried the Dead Poet from Imbibe Magazine and kept thinking about the Poet's Dream. I honed in on Batavia Arrack for some reason that night; mezcal and Batavia Arrack have worked well in drinks like the Smoking Jet Pilot, Airbag, and Esmino's Escape, so things progressed in that route.
- Rojo Bianco — Reposado Tequila, Bianco Vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Campari, Bitters
- Nicely Nicely — Barbados Rum, Aromatized wine, Navy strength rum, Maraschino Liqueur
- 25th Hour — Scotch, Tawny port, Maraschino Liqueur, Amaro Nonino
- Double Platinum — Reposado Tequila, Manzanilla sherry, Madeira, Maraschino Liqueur
- Opium — Bénédictine, Batavia Arrack, Sake, Cognac, Bitters
- Garcini Daiquiri — Demerara Rum, Bianco Vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Pineapple juice, Pineapple
- Martilla — Añejo tequila, Dry vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Lemon peel
- Cheri Cheri — Manzanilla sherry, Batavia Arrack, Bitters, Orgeat, Nutmeg
- 17th Century Cocktail — Batavia Arrack, Manzanilla sherry, Orgeat
- Stirring Word — Gin, Fino sherry, Kirschwasser, Maraschino Liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Lemon peel