Camus is a brand of Cognac made by the Camus distillery in the region of Cognac known as the Borderies. Camus was founded in 1863 by Jean-Baptiste Camus, and is still in the hands of the family today.
Camus VS is their entry level Cognac, part of a range than also includes VSOP, XO, and Extra, a 100% Borderies XO, and a new project from the Ile de Ré - an island within the limits of the AOC, which should have some maritime character.
Some popular cocktails containing Camus VS
- Butter, Lemon, Smoke — Scotch, Brandy, Herbal liqueur, Bénédictine, Lemon peel
- Tangerine Dream — Cognac, Ginger liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Lemon juice, Tangerine juice, Simple syrup, Tangerine peel
- Dissertation — Amaro, Sweet vermouth, Rye, Cognac, Bitters
- Private Club Cocktail — Cognac, Amaro Nonino, Bitters, Lemon juice, Maple syrup, Lemon peel
- Saints and Sinners — Demerara Rum, Cognac, Grapefruit bitters, Grapefruit juice, Don's Mix
- Springtime For Donald — Cognac, Rye, Elderflower liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Lemon juice