Citronge is a brand of orange liqueur made in Mexico by the Patron company. It has a neutral spirit base and has no artificial colors or flavors.
Citronge's citrus component comes from Hatian and Jamaican oranges that are infused into the high-proof spirit. Cane sugar is added, then the liqueur is brought down to 80 proof for bottling.
Citronge is clear, and has a mild bittersweet orange aroma. It is not quite as transparent tasting as Cointreau, but has a juicy midpalate and a bit of alcohol flavor on the finish.
Some popular cocktails containing Citronge
- Ginger Sidecar — Ginger liqueur, Orange liqueur, Cognac, Orange bitters, Lime juice
- Anthony Bello *AKA* The Italian Stallion — Tequila, Drambuie, Orange liqueur, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Oakland Iced Tea — Rum, Fernet Branca, Gin, Orange liqueur, Vodka, Rye, Peychaud's Bitters, Bitters, Meyer lemon juice, Sugar cube, Thai Basil, Lemon
- Verde Temprano — Reposado Tequila, Dry vermouth, Orange liqueur, Celery bitters, Kiwi shrub
- Summer pie — Vodka, Orange liqueur, Bitters, Watermelon juice, Simple syrup