Crème de Gingembre is a ginger flavored creme liqueur. Crème liqueurs (not to be confused with cream liqueurs, made with a spirit base, cream, and flavorings) are so named due to their very high level of sugar, which provide a texture like cream.
There are many crème liqueur flavors, but all of them are syrupy in texture and low in alcohol, around 30 proof. Massenez and Briottet are two producers of crème de gingembre.
Some popular cocktails containing Crème de Gingembre
- Poire Bomb — Pear eau de vie, Maraschino Liqueur, Ginger liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Lemon juice
- Añejo Highball — Añejo rum, Triple sec, Ginger liqueur, Bitters, Soda water, Lime juice
- Ginger Batida aka Ginger Caipirinha — Cachaça, Ginger liqueur, Lime juice, Cherry juice, Grenadine
- The Last Mule — Vodka, Swedish Punsch, Ginger liqueur, Orange bitters, Lime juice
- Pear-Ginger Batida — Cachaça, Pear eau de vie, Ginger liqueur, Lime, Grenadine, Cherry juice