Fine sugar is simply sugar with a very small crystal size, which helps it dissolve in cold drinks quickly. Fine sugar should not be confused with powdered or confectioner's sugar, which contains cornstarch.
Fine sugar can be homemade easily by putting sugar in a spice grinder and pulsing 15-20 times.
Some popular cocktails containing Fine sugar
- El Floridita Daquiri var. 2 — Rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Fine sugar
- Fish House Punch (1732) — Jamaican rum, Cognac, Peach eau de vie, Water, Lemon juice, Fine sugar
- Champs Elysées — Brandy, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice, Fine sugar
- Boris Karloff — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Lime juice, Egg white, Club soda, Fine sugar
- Fancy Mint Julep — Bourbon, Simple syrup, Mint, Fine sugar
- Aura — Gin, Tawny port, Dry vermouth, Absinthe, Bitters, Raspberry, Egg white, Lemon juice, Fine sugar
- Zim Zala Bim — Reposado Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Orange bitters, Fine sugar
- Imperial Cossack Crusta — Champagne, Cognac, Kummel, Orange bitters, Lime, Fine sugar