White Crème de Menthe is a clear, mint flavored crème liqueur. Cremè liqueurs (not to be confused with cream liqueurs, made with a spirit base, cream, and flavorings) are so named due to their very high level of sugar, which provide a texture like cream. There is also a green colored version of crème de menthe.
There are many cremè liqueur flavors, but all of them are syrupy in texture and low in alcohol, around 30 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing White Crème de Menthe
- Deep Breath — Light rum, Manzanilla sherry, Absinthe, White Crème de Menthe, Soda water, Pineapple juice, Lemon juice, Orgeat, Egg white, Mint
- High Society Cocktail — Blended Scotch, Fernet Branca, White Crème de Menthe, Mint
- Schuss — Gin, Zirbenz Stone Pine Liqueur, White Crème de Menthe, Maraschino Liqueur
- Finnish Sky — Vodka, Light rum, White Crème de Cacao, Blue Curaçao, White Crème de Menthe, Soda water
- Stinger — Cognac, White Crème de Menthe