Who says scotch doesn't mix well?
Stir Fernet Branca with scotch over ice, strain into sugar muddled with bitters,then into an Old-Fashioned glass rinsed with absinthe.
Recommend a not-too-peaty Highland blend and bitters to taste.
Commemorating the Scots at the Battle of New Orleans and the Sazerac.
From other users
- Switched with mezcal second time around. Worked very well... Leathery.
- really tasty, there is a lot going on. minty, liquoricy, slightly smokey. would be interested to see what maraschino added instead of sugar.
- Edible Pantries — Brandy, Fernet Branca, Bitters, Grade B maple syrup, Apple cider vinegar, Cinnamon
- Bitter Old Coot — Rye, Drambuie, Fernet Branca, Bitters, Ice
- Dagreb's Hat (nee Medicine Hat) — Brandy, Fernet Branca, Canadian whisky
- Border Trilogy — Bourbon, Mezcal, Bitters, Piloncillo syrup, Grapefruit peel
- Green Hornet — Rye, Herbal liqueur, Fernet Branca
- Improved Scotch Cocktail — Campbeltown Scotch, Bitters, Orange bitters, Bénédictine, Demerara syrup
- For All Of Us — Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Amer Picon, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Fear & Whiskey — Rye, Braulio
- Nebulon B — Whiskey, Amaro Nardini, Ginger liqueur, Cherry Bark Vanilla Bitters, Lemon peel
- The Gold Baron — Bourbon, Applejack, Bitters, Grenadine, Cane syrup