|1||oz||Mezcal, Del Maguey Vida|
|3⁄4||oz||Gin, Uncle Val's Botanical|
|3⁄4||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Punt e Mes|
|3⁄4||oz||Lustau Amontillado Sherry|
Muddle one grapefruit peel with the simple in a mixing glass. Add the liquors and ice. Stir. Strain into a chilled coupe. Garnish with the other grapefruit peel.
This is obviously a riff on Nicholas Jarrett's Black Cat.
We were coming up with the drink menu for my daughter's wedding and wanted to get get as close as we could to a Black Cat using just one gin.
- Muerte o Gloria — Aperol, Mezcal, Sweet vermouth, Grapefruit peel, Bittermens Orange Cream Citrate
- Haitian Divorce — Haitian Rum, Mezcal, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Bitters, Orange peel, Lime peel
- Boulevard of Broken Dreams — Rye, Campari, Averna, Mezcal, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange peel, Demerara syrup
- Of Light and Shadows — Mezcal, Amargo-Vallet, Campari, Sweet vermouth, Coffee liqueur, Orange peel
- Prizefighter (Berkshire Room) — Rye, Mezcal, Amaro Lucano, Suze, Bitters, Orange peel
- Il Peso — Irish whiskey, Cardamaro, Averna, Campari, Gran Classico, Orange peel
- Jacques and Doris — Blended Scotch, Islay Scotch, Peychaud's Bitters, Lavender bitters, Suze, Grapefruit peel, Cane syrup