Grapefruit peel is the peel of the grapefruit. Grapefruit peel is high in citral and limonene, and has the aroma and flavor of grapefruit without the acidity present in grapefruit juice.
Like all citrus peels, grapefruit peel can be zested over the top of a cocktail, or muddled to release essential oils that are more powerful than simply using the juice.
Some popular cocktails containing Grapefruit peel
- Runaway Horses — Apple brandy, Cardamaro, Amaro, Grapefruit peel
- La Nuestra Paloma — Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Triple sec, Bitters, Club soda, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Grapefruit peel
- Lazy Sunday — Tequila, Grapefruit juice, Soda water, Cinnamon syrup, Turmeric, Grapefruit peel
- Franco-American 60 — India Pale Ale, Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Lemon juice, Grapefruit peel
- Ashes in Our Mouth — Mezcal, Zucca, Ancho Reyes Ancho Chile Liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Grapefruit peel