Grapefruit peel is the peel of the grapefruit. Grapefruit peel is high in citral and limonene, and has the aroma and flavor of grapefruit without the acidity present in grapefruit juice.
Like all citrus peels, grapefruit peel can be zested over the top of a cocktail, or muddled to release essential oils that are more powerful than simply using the juice.
Some popular cocktails containing Grapefruit peel
- Siete Cocktail — Tequila, Cappelletti Aperitivo, Salers Gentiane, Grapefruit peel
- La Nuestra Paloma — Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Triple sec, Bitters, Club soda, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Grapefruit peel
- Romancing the Stone — Scotch, Cardamaro, Amaro, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Heart Full of Napalm — Mezcal, Amaro, Sweet vermouth, Fernet, Bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Fumata Bianca — Bianco Vermouth, Suze, Mezcal, Club soda, Grapefruit peel