Grapefruit peel is the peel of the grapefruit. Grapefruit peel is high in citral and limonene, and has the aroma and flavor of grapefruit without the acidity present in grapefruit juice.
Like all citrus peels, grapefruit peel can be zested over the top of a cocktail, or muddled to release essential oils that are more powerful than simply using the juice.
Some popular cocktails containing Grapefruit peel
- 69 Holland — Genever, Gin, Meletti Amaro, Amontillado Sherry, Peach bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Peg Leg — Rum, Grapefruit bitters, Grapefruit peel, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Demerara syrup
- Siete Cocktail — Tequila, Salers Gentiane, Cappelletti Aperitivo, Grapefruit peel
- La Nuestra Paloma — Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Triple sec, Bitters, Club soda, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Grapefruit peel
- Franco-American 60 — India Pale Ale, Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Lemon juice, Grapefruit peel