Grapefruit peel is the peel of the grapefruit. Grapefruit peel is high in citral and limonene, and has the aroma and flavor of grapefruit without the acidity present in grapefruit juice.
Like all citrus peels, grapefruit peel can be zested over the top of a cocktail, or muddled to release essential oils that are more powerful than simply using the juice.
Some popular cocktails containing Grapefruit peel
- Peg Leg — Rum, Grapefruit bitters, Grapefruit peel, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Demerara syrup
- Pining for the Fjords — Gin, Aquavit, Amère Sauvage, Grapefruit juice, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Grapefruit peel
- Runaway Horses — Apple brandy, Cardamaro, Amaro, Grapefruit peel
- Lazy Sunday — Tequila, Grapefruit juice, Soda water, Cinnamon syrup, Turmeric, Grapefruit peel
- El Corazon — Reposado Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Aperol, Cherry Bitters, Cherry, Grapefruit peel