Grapefruit peel is the peel of the grapefruit. Grapefruit peel is high in citral and limonene, and has the aroma and flavor of grapefruit without the acidity present in grapefruit juice.
Like all citrus peels, grapefruit peel can be zested over the top of a cocktail, or muddled to release essential oils that are more powerful than simply using the juice.
Some popular cocktails containing Grapefruit peel
- Host Body — Jamaican rum, Sherry, Campari, Amaro Nardini, Grapefruit peel, Orange peel
- Booster Gold — India Pale Ale, Apple brandy, Pimm's No. 1 Cup, Grapefruit bitters, Lime juice, Orgeat, Grapefruit peel
- Malicious Mischief — Rye, Gran Classico, Bitters, Rose vermouth, Grapefruit peel
- Kina Miele — Dry vermouth, Aromatized wine, Grappa, Pear eau de vie, Lemon bitters, Grapefruit peel
- The Bamboozled Angel — Bourbon, Bitters, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice, Cinnamon syrup, Grapefruit peel