Magpies like sparkly objects and this drink is the sparkliest of them all.
|2||ds||Bitters, Bittermens 'Elemakule Tiki|
|1||sli||Ginger (We used a wedge of store bought candied ginger and speared it together with the basil leaf for the garnish.)|
Combine bourbon, chartreuse, bitters and lime juice in a Collins glass. Fill with ice. Top with ginger beer. Stir. Wrap a wedge of candied ginger with a basil leaf and spear through for the garnish.
Inspired by Lynne Barrett's most recent short story collection, Magpies, this drink was chosen by Lynne herself on Cabinet Beer Baseball Club's inaugural episode, Drinking With Writers.
- Fontainebleau — Rye, Orange liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Peychaud's Bitters
- Tipperary Cocktail #3 — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Herbal liqueur
- Battle Of Algiers — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Black peppercorns
- Life Sentence — Rye, Bénédictine, Elderflower liqueur, Rhubarb bitters, Bitters, Lemon juice, Orange peel
- Nation Of Two — Bourbon, Herbal liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Black peppercorns
- Morphin' Time — Rye, Becherovka, Honey syrup, Lemon juice
- The Heim Lick — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Bénédictine
- Pendergast — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Bénédictine, Bitters
- Prosecutor — Rye, Elderflower liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Lemon juice
- All Good Things — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Añejo rum, Peychaud's Bitters, Herbal liqueur, Fernet Branca