|1 1⁄4||oz||Bourbon, Buffalo Trace|
|1 3⁄4||oz||Blood Orange Juice|
|2||ds||Rhubarb bitters, Brooklyn Hemispherical Bitters Rhubarb|
Stir with ice, serve up garnished with a sprig of mint
Named for its association with wife's Book Club meeting, for which this was concocted. The Book o' the Month was a murder mystery with Southern connections (Gone Girl by GIllian Flynn).
From other users
- Used Buffalo Trace, Fee's Rhubarb bitters and freshly squeezed Blood Oranges. Found it to taste medicinal. Buffalo Trace was wasted on this one. Perhaps will try less Aperol and a single dash of bitters before we abandon i
- No brainer - you can't go wrong with fresh blood orange juice. I upped the bourbon a little and made it a bit less juicy.
- Tallahassee — Whiskey, Aperol, Raspberry liqueur, Blood Orange Juice, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Blood orange peel
- Calvados Cocktail — Calvados, Triple sec, Orange bitters, Orange juice
- Jasper — Rye, Ginger liqueur, Triple sec, Licor 43, Tangerine juice, Lemon juice
- Blinker — Rye, Grapefruit juice, Grenadine
- Cognac Summit — Cognac, Lemonade, Ginger, Cucumber peel, Lime peel
- Oaxacan Daisy — Mezcal, Triple sec, Meyer lemon juice, Meyer lemon peel