Blackberry liqueur is a liqueur flavored with blackberries, which is often called creme de mûre in France. Like all liqueurs, inexpensive versions are typically artificially flavored and made from a base of neutral grain spirits. Better quality producers macerate blackberries in neutral spirits (or even brandy made from blackberries), then filter and sweeten the resulting infusion.
Some high quality producers of blackberry liqueur include Massenez, Edmond Briottet, and Domaine de Sathenay.
Some popular cocktails containing Blackberry liqueur
- Tea and Krampus — Jamaican rum, Blackberry liqueur, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Lime juice, Pineapple juice, Vanilla syrup, Nutmeg
- Pink Elephant — Gin, Maraschino Liqueur, Blackberry liqueur, PInk grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Wibble — Gin, Sloe gin, Blackberry liqueur, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Lemon peel
- Black Demure — Bourbon, Blackberry liqueur, Triple sec, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Purple Rain — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Blackberry liqueur, Bitters, Beet juice, Lemon juice
- Central Park — Bourbon, Ramazzotti, Blackberry liqueur, Bitters
- Bramble — Gin, Blackberry liqueur, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Lemon, Blackberry
- Brazil de Colorado — Cachaça, Blackberry liqueur, Limoncello, Lemon juice
- Slow Ramble — Gin, Sloe gin, Blackberry liqueur, Lemon bitters, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice
- Don's Own Grog — Blended rum, Blackberry liqueur, Añejo rum, Dark rum, Bitters, Crushed ice, Lime juice, Demerara syrup, Grenadine, Nutmeg