Blackberry syrup is a type of simple syrup that is flavored with blackberries. Since blackberries have quite a bit of liquid in them, a good starting place is to take two parts of whole, fresh blackberries to one part of sugar and cook this mixture until the fruit breaks up. Strain the syrup through a fine sieve and press the remaining fruit pieces well to release their juices. Preserve with a few ounces of vodka, and bottle.
Some popular cocktails containing Blackberry syrup
- Heart of Darkness — Virgin Islands Rum, Fernet Branca, Chinotto, Lime juice, Blackberry syrup, Mint
- Lagniappe — Rye, Lemon juice, Blackberry syrup, Hot sauce
- Black Rose (Burritt Room) — Genever, Gin, Crème Yvette, Maraschino Liqueur, Blackberry syrup, Rose water
- Shady Lane — Gin, Aromatized wine, Lime bitters, Blackberry, Soda water, Blackberry syrup, Lime juice, Shiso
- Blackenrye Smash — Rye, Cinnamon bitters, Blackberry syrup, Simple syrup, Lemon juice