Blanco tequila is the last step in the distillation process of tequila. Blanco, sometimes known as Plata (or Silver), is clear, reduced with water after distillation to between 70 and 110 proof, and tastes strongly of the plant from which it's made, with accents of tropical fruit, salt, and an herbal quality.
Blanco tequila is the basis for all the other types of tequila. By Mexican law, blanco tequila must spend less than two months in stainless steel or neutral oak barrels.
Some popular cocktails containing Blanco tequila
- End of Days — India Pale Ale, Blanco tequila, Campari, Lime juice, Demerara syrup
- Los Altos Negros — Blanco tequila, Aperol, Zucca, Amaro Abano, Lime juice
- Silver Surfer — Blanco tequila, Kummel, Lime juice, Orgeat
- Vaya Con Dios — Blanco tequila, Bianco Vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Falernum, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Mint, Lemon
- Victor Victoria — Blanco tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Lime juice