Blanco tequila is the last step in the distillation process of tequila. Blanco, sometimes known as Plata (or Silver), is clear, reduced with water after distillation to between 70 and 110 proof, and tastes strongly of the plant from which it's made, with accents of tropical fruit, salt, and an herbal quality.
Blanco tequila is the basis for all the other types of tequila. By Mexican law, blanco tequila must spend less than two months in stainless steel or neutral oak barrels.
Some popular cocktails containing Blanco tequila
- Sea of Cortez — Blanco tequila, Cassis, Triple sec, Lime juice, Lime
- Chutes and Ladders — Blanco tequila, Aromatized wine, Swedish Punsch, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- Clock Water and Smoke — Blanco tequila, Gran Classico, Crème Yvette, Mezcal, Blackberry, Lime juice, Hellfire Habanero Shrub, Agave syrup
- Mexican Sunrise — Blanco tequila, Añejo tequila, Cinnamon Schnapps liqueur, Bitters, Coffee, Simple syrup, Vanilla extract, Cinnamon
- The Only Word — Blanco tequila, Herbal liqueur, Maraschino Liqueur, Mezcal, Celery bitters, Lime juice