Blanco tequila is the last step in the distillation process of tequila. Blanco, sometimes known as Plata (or Silver), is clear, reduced with water after distillation to between 70 and 110 proof, and tastes strongly of the plant from which it's made, with accents of tropical fruit, salt, and an herbal quality.
Blanco tequila is the basis for all the other types of tequila. By Mexican law, blanco tequila must spend less than two months in stainless steel or neutral oak barrels.
Some popular cocktails containing Blanco tequila
- Demon of Destiny — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Absinthe, Blanco tequila, Agave syrup
- Paloma Sangria — White wine, Blanco tequila, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Salt
- Sur del Sol — Pisco, Aperol, Blanco tequila, Bitters, Grapefruit bitters, Lemon juice, Agave syrup, Cucumber, Salt
- Pusherman — Blanco tequila, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Club soda, Egg white, Lemon juice, Pineapple juice, Demerara syrup
- Vaya Con Dios — Blanco tequila, Bianco Vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Falernum, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Mint, Lemon