Blanco tequila is the last step in the distillation process of tequila. Blanco, sometimes known as Plata (or Silver), is clear, reduced with water after distillation to between 70 and 110 proof, and tastes strongly of the plant from which it's made, with accents of tropical fruit, salt, and an herbal quality.
Blanco tequila is the basis for all the other types of tequila. By Mexican law, blanco tequila must spend less than two months in stainless steel or neutral oak barrels.
Some popular cocktails containing Blanco tequila
- Pamalagro Crusta — Blanco tequila, Pomegranate Liqueur, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Pomegranate peel, Sugar
- Paloma Sangria — White wine, Blanco tequila, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Salt
- Spicy Sandilla — Blanco tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Quetzalcoatl's Cup — Blanco tequila, Chocolate liqueur, Campari, Cayenne tincture, Orange bitters
- Paraiso — Blanco tequila, Campari, Triple sec, Strawberry shrub, Lemon juice
- The Upgraded Paloma — Blanco tequila, Campari, Seltzer water, Grapefruit cordial, Lime juice
- Mexican Sunrise — Blanco tequila, Añejo tequila, Cinnamon Schnapps liqueur, Bitters, Coffee, Simple syrup, Vanilla extract, Cinnamon
- Nacho Sour — Blanco tequila, Licor 43, Mezcal, Bitters, Lime juice, Lemon juice, Egg white, Rich simple syrup 2:1, Lime peel
- Colette — Sparkling rosé wine, Blanco tequila, Cappelletti Aperitivo, Aromatized wine, Orange bitters, Herbal liqueur, Grapefruit peel
- Pearly Gates — Blanco tequila, Fino sherry, Guava syrup, Salt