Refreshing with a smokey, spicy kick that will leave your lips tingling
|1 1⁄4||oz||Blanco tequila (infused with jalapeno, see note)|
|3⁄4||oz||Blanco tequila (infused with lapsang souchong tea, see note)|
|1⁄2||oz||Simple syrup (Watermelon infused, see note)|
|1⁄2||oz||Elderflower liqueur, St. Germain|
Combine all ingredients, shake with ice and pour in chilled coupe glass. Optional, rim with smoked salt.
Jalapeno-infused tequila blanco: add the ribs and seeds from 2 jalapeno chilies and the chopped flesh of 1/2 jalapeno with 1/2 bottle of tequila blanco. Stir well and let sit for 20 minutes or to your level of spiciness. Double strain. Lapsang souchong-infused tequila blanco: Add 2 Tbsps to 1/2 bottle of tequila blanco. Stir and let stand at room temperature for 4-6 hours. Stir occasionally. Double strain. To make the watermelon syrup juice half a watermelon. For every 2 cups of juice, add 1 cup of brown sugar. Reduce by half slowly.
From other users
- This drink blends sweet, smokey and spiciness beautifully. Some of my friends enjoy this with a smoked salt-rimmed glass. I also sometimes spray with a mist of Laphroaig 10yr. Not for those who don't like spice!
- Anastasia — Ginger Vodka, Triple sec, Pomegranate juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Daiquiri (Sweeter) — Light rum, Simple syrup, Lime juice
- Shabash — Dark rum, Apricot liqueur, Lemon bitters, Lime juice
- Silver Monk — Blanco tequila, Herbal liqueur, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Mint, Cucumber, Salt
- Papa Doble — Light rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Grapefruit juice
- El Floridita Daquiri var. 2 — Rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Fine sugar
- Two Indies — Overproof rum, Falernum, Orange liqueur, Lemon juice, Bitters
- Don Franco Penicilina — Tequila, Rum, Lime juice, Honey Ginger Syrup, Gomme syrup
- Blood, Smoke and Sand — Cherry Liqueur, Sotol, Sweet vermouth, Orange juice
- Tijuana Trick — Reposado Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Egg white, Lime juice, Orange juice, Simple syrup